The Last Diet You Will Ever Need

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
oldjerry
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: The Last Diet You Will Ever Need

An epicurian Smartypants!................without doubt my favourite dinner,funghi (dried) and parmigiano from Emelia Romagna,and as an added bonus,the kids don't like mushrooms!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

contadina wrote:A slightly less hysterical piece about the dangers of processed "low fat" foods. Comparing the food and drinks industry to the tobacco industry owing to their overuse of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), or glucose-fructose syrup as it's often referred to in the UK, to the detriment of everyone's health, just because it's cheaper.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012 ... f-comments
Now that's much better. An article informing people about something they may not be aware of, expressed in non-hysterical form, stating referenced facts about something which really should give cause for concern. Thanks, Contadina.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Good article, I shall watch the programme with interest.

As for MSG, I don't care if it occurs naturally in my food but I won't be adding it in powder form any time soon.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin