What are you reading?

By popular demand - The book review section.
Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: What are you reading?

Thomzo's book arrived, late last week. I've resisted the temptation to dive in thus far - I'm in the middle of a detective series - but I can't see me holding out much longer. Dottore Brunetti may get put on hold for a bit. :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

A friend of mine sent me a few books from Germany - I like to keep up where I can with German literature. Highly recommendable a book by Julia von Lucadou: Die Hochhausspringering. Unfortunately not yet available in English. Maybe never will be. It's a bit like a continuation of 1984, and unfortunately, with today's constant use of electronic gadgets for immediate communication and total supervision, influencers and celebrities, apps for tracking everything you do and your body's functions, all too imaginable. (Translated it would be something like "The highrise jumper" ( - or diver - female - it's difficult to translate it properly, which is why they often give translations a different title altogether!).

The other book that kept me fascinated is by Frank Schaetzing, The Swarm (this one is available in English). Not the newest - 2004 - but still quite thrilling. The aliens are with us, at the bottom of the sea, and they are finally fed up with all that pollution and killing of sea creatures. Apocalypse now.

And now I'm reading an autobiography of a German comedian (yes, there are such people), which I reckon wouldn't be of that much interest to anybody. Comedy lives on play with language, so is mostly not translatable at all. Mind you, I think Otto did have a few gigs in the USA...
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Green Aura wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:17 pm Thomzo's book arrived, late last week. I've resisted the temptation to dive in thus far
How exciting, someone’s bought it. Thank you so much.