Skip treasure

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Skip treasure

Flo wrote:Yes Big Al but what does the wife have to say on the fact that she now can't move around your house? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Her comment used to be.... " It's like Fu*&^%$ steptoes yard around here" !!!

I make sure that it's going to "come in handy.... someday " and it's only in the back garden but there are no cars etc just usefull "stuff" Her biggest sigh was when I came home with half a [house] roof on the bike.... quickly followed by dejection when I said get your clothes on there is still half the roof left !!
It was 1850's pine. A little bit of bug rot in some of the pieces which were burnt but other thna that it cleaned up well !!
But since then she has had a garden converted from flowers to fruit and veg ( half an allotment she says) A large greenhouse, a new bed frame, A chicken coup, seats around a tree so she can watch the chickens and plans for a green roof on the garage and a wood fired oven in the garden....... for her favourite foods of pizza, bread, roast meat dishes... oh and anything else I cook for her.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Dr.Syn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Just a little off topic but some years ago I changed the oil on my car, feeling quite pleased with myself I then was confronted with the problem of what to do with the old oil. Then brainwave I put the old oil into the now empty new can, gave it a clean up with a rag and placed it by the front gate. Within an hour it was gone. Magic.
Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
Blog http://fredarth.wordpress.com/
Die dulci fruere.

Crickleymal
Living the good life
Living the good life

Dr.Syn wrote:Just a little off topic but some years ago I changed the oil on my car, feeling quite pleased with myself I then was confronted with the problem of what to do with the old oil. Then brainwave I put the old oil into the now empty new can, gave it a clean up with a rag and placed it by the front gate. Within an hour it was gone. Magic.
Heh! I have diluted old engine oil with white spirit then used it as fence paint before now. Gives a lovely water proof coating it does.

Dr.Syn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Yes I have done that. Works a treat.
Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
Blog http://fredarth.wordpress.com/
Die dulci fruere.