Free Energie

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
wannabe
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi from the other side of the big pond! My first post on this board.

I just thought you guys would be amused that Michel has been blathering this nonsense on The Mother Earth News forums as well. He started in with it in July of last year, and after trying to convince us of the merits of his, er, "invention," the debate died down and he disappared, only to show up again a couple of months ago. Oddly similar to the pattern here.

I think he's a scam artist trying to get gullible people to "invest" in "product development."

For your amusement, here's the thread at TMEN:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/forums/t ... IC_ID=5871

Here's the one from a couple of months ago:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/forums/t ... IC_ID=8779

He inexplicably posted a link to this thread in your forum; I'm really not sure why. It certainly didn't help his case for us to navigate over here and witness his ideas being shot down probably more efficiently than even we did.

I also got a good chuckle out of the fact that on his second stage entry, he began with a lengthy technical-looking post in French. I doubt seriously that very many people on TMEN understand French, except for the three or four Canadians we have in the mix (Not sure if you've heard the line that goes: "If you know two languages, you're bilingual; if you only know one language, your American"). Anyway, one of our members did a rather amusing "translation"--its worth a read.

Anyway, the good thing that came out of it is that I discovered your site. Nice place. I think I might lurk around for a bit.

Muddypause
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Well, regards to Mother Earth News. I've looked in there once or twice in the past. And it's most encouraging to see one of your regulars also currently sports a Utah Phillips quote in his sig, too. Not many people know him in these parts.

What's the chance that Michel has posted to many other forums too, Though he hasn't actually got round to asking us for money in this one yet. You might like to compare and contrast his idea to this one, which seems very adept at screwing people out of their money. You should also read this site, before you get too excited. The word extortion come to mind.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

The Chili Monster

Hi Wannabe

Yeah, I'd say that's a good translation.
"Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends." ~Author Unknown

Support Team "Trim Taut & Terrific"

Michel
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Free Energy.

Martin

sounds like

I reckon it's the same bloke that's behind "Windsave"...... :wink:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Michel
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Who understood the operation of the machine??

The Chili Monster

Isn't there a Fruit and Nut section?

Martin

well, we've all heard of "creative acountancy", I think this may be a manifestation of a similar sort - "creative laws of physics" :wink:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.

Michel
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Free Energy.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

the plot thickens when you read that article.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

The Chili Monster

I'm on a broadband connection here - but is it even worth the download time?

hedgewizard

I don't think this guy is dealing with a full deck. I mean, retreating into French when he can write half-decent English?

And is it just me, or does that article have bugger all to do with his "project"?

F**k is older than that, I think it goes back to Middle English or even further - "ficken" or something, meaning "to strike".

My favourite is "poppycock" which comes from Dutch, the two halves of the word popping up elsewhere in english; "Pap" - soft material, and "cack" - excrement. So "poppycock" means "soft shit"

The Chili Monster

Michel wrote:
You did not understand the principle of operation.
Isn't that something a dalek would say? :shock:

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Andy Hamilton wrote:the plot thickens when you read that article.
No. This is just another con man after gullible people's money. That's the sad and sordid fact of the matter.

You cannot make energy appear from nowhere. If energy is not put into the system, you cannot get it out. Think of it as a form of economics - you can only spend the money (energy output) that you have earned (energy input). Newton articulated that law of nature over 300 years ago, and every circumstance in nature consistently complies with it. That is, after all, the nature of things.

For sure, there are many things we don't yet understand, but the idea that someone can string together a few weights, or magnets, or cogwheels, (we're not dealing with nuclear fission, or anything remotely interesting like that) and overturn the way nature itself behaves would mean that we would have to re-assess everything we understand about nature.

I mean think about it - every time you drop something heavier than air, it falls downwards. Without exception. Every time. Even that heavier-than-air object is subject to a downward force. And then someone says "put that weight on this cogwheel, attach it to this magnet, say three Hail Marys and stand in a bucket of water", and suddenly it falls upwards. If it is not a conjuring trick, then everything we think we know about nature is now changed - we can no longer reliably predict how a plane flies or how a door shuts, or how you fill a glass of water, or how to walk, or what happens when we ride a bicycle, or how a river flows... - everything changes.

It is complete fakery - "400 applications from scientists to test it" OK; and the results??? This is just the work of a cheat and a charlatan trying to make his snake oil sound credible, setting up a cheap £30 company to give it the air of authority, and issuing spurious press releases that say nothing conclusive, so that desparate, greedy and uninformed people think that it is something they should invest their money in. Really, it's no more clever than someone knicking the stereo from your car.

Someone trying to persuade us that black is really white should be funny, except that in this case, inevitably, poor people are going to lose money to someone who hasn't got the courage to go and earn it honestly for himself.

It's a very poor reflection on the Observer that they should have published this item, brief though it is, without at least passing it by their science desk. In fact passing it by the tea boy would probably have helped. And to link it to articles on renewable energy, Friends Of The Earth, etc., is extraordinary. Isn't this also the paper that runs a regular column on 'bad science', or am I thinking of another one?
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Martin

I'd also point out that this is the annual "doldrums" time for news stories - parliament's bogged off for the summer, and you get the "dead donkey" stories being dredged up - they'll print anything at this time of year! :wink: