Why do you forage?

Foods for free. Anything you want to post about wild foods or foraging, hunting and fishing. Please note, this section includes pictures of hunting.

Sorry to say that Selfsufficientish or anyone who posts on here is liable to make a mistake when it comes to identification so we can't be liable for getting it wrong.
Katewildfood
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Why do you forage?

Hi everyone,

I am a student studying countryside management at Harper Adams university and I am a keen yet still a very amateur forager! Which is why my university dissertation is called 'perceptions of wild food foraging in the UK'. It aims to discover motivations for foraging, what people forage for and the perceived impacts of foraging on the environment.

I would really appreciate if you could take a few minutes to complete my questionnaire, the link is: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid= ... tiyt409411
However if you forage for a living, including leading courses, writing foraging guides and selling wild food to the public and/or restaurants please follow the following link: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid= ... 66q4411215

I've seen that someone posted something similar last year, however my aims and questions are very different so my dissertation should reveal some interesting insights into how foragers think.

Thank you very much
Kate

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why do you forage?

Hi Kate, Are you the same person who got in touch via twitter- (I am @growurfood4free)? I've filled out your questionnaire now, it would be interesting to see the findings of your dissertation and what angle you are taking

Katewildfood
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Why do you forage?

Hi Dave,

Yes that would be me, thank you for doing my questionnaire, I am collating all the data together now and writing it up. I have asked my supervisor if I can publish my dissertation online as quite a lot of people have asked to see it and am waiting for her to get back to me. So hopefully I can and can just post a link for people who want to read it.

Thanks
Kate