I Found These Mushrooms In My Garden

Foods for free. Anything you want to post about wild foods or foraging, hunting and fishing. Please note, this section includes pictures of hunting.

Sorry to say that Selfsufficientish or anyone who posts on here is liable to make a mistake when it comes to identification so we can't be liable for getting it wrong.
WildHeartedWoman
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I Found These Mushrooms In My Garden

Can anybody tell me what type they are and if I can do anything with them? They look pretty "normal" to me but I don't know the first thing about mushrooms and would like a starting point!
They're about the size of my hand (wrist to fingertips)

Broad Bean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: I Found These Mushrooms In My Garden

Wild mushrooms are really good - OH brings loads home and we've been eating St George mushrooms in pretty much every meal for about a week. It's difficult to tell from your photo but you need to get yourself a good book which tells you what to look out for and what to avoid. The River Cottage one is pretty good as a start point but we have about half a dozen so we can be really sure. If you get any good at it then you'll realise that the wild ones give you so much more flavour and variety than the boring button ones you can buy in the shops.