Has anyone made a cold smoker?

Homebrew, cordials, cheese, dehydrating, smoking and soap making. An area for all problems to be asked, tips to be given and procedures shared.
greenishfingers
Tom Good
Tom Good

Has anyone made a cold smoker?

Hi all, I want to make a cold smoker,would be grateful for any advice of how to make one (as cheaply as possible) Cheers, Gaynor x
For us to lose contact with the soil results in real unease and maladjustment...to recapture it affords profound joy and inward comfort. Sam Ogden

boboff
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Has anyone made a cold smoker?

Yes I made one out of an old Gas "effect" woodburner.

I wouldn't worry overly, just think Fire box, long tube of duckting, smoker ( something enclosed you can put your stuff it)

You really need to look around you and see what infrastructure you can adapt. I made mine in the top of an old Shute for delivery of coal)
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

This is my smoker, and the only I needed to buy was the fire bricks, and most of the rest was found, in the scrap yard, and consist of an old tin box, some galvanized pipe, and a few concrete blocks, but if you have quick Google,you will find that you can make a good little smoker from an old oil drum , so really it depends on your own skills.
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

minesamojito
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

google cold smoke generator, it's a great piece of kit that makes cold smoking so much easier
cheers
marcus