Hi From Portugal

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Odin
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
Facebook Name: Scott Gibbins

Hi From Portugal

Hi Everyone! :wave:

Obviously I am new to the forum so thought I would introduce myself.

I am English but live in the Castelo Branco region of Portugal. My wife and I gave up our teaching jobs three years ago, sold everything and moved to rural Portugal. We own an old (200 years) house and a piece of land in a small village that consists of 7 inhabited homes (so very small). We grow as much of our own food as possible and keep chickens, guinea fowl, quail and rabbits. Our lovely neighbours keep larger livestock and are not adverse to swapping excess produce.

Our house is an ongoing restoration project (and probably always will be) and we are always trying to find new ways of providing for ourselves . ......working hard to avoid needing a job. :icon_smile:

Scott

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Hi From Portugal

Hello Scott. You really are trying to live the self sufficient life style aren't you?

Odin
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
Facebook Name: Scott Gibbins

Hi Flo...Yes we are trying. We have learnt a lot in the last couple of years and have tried growing a variety of crops. But we are still learning. We have a very limited budget so the more we can provide for ourselves the longer it will last

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Hi Scott, welcome to Ish. There's loads of info on here, have a good look around, ask questions or answer some. :lol: :wave:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Scott.
Well done for taking the plunge and opting out of the rat race, having a job working for someone else is not all it's cracked up to be. :lol:
Good luck with your venture and welcome to like minded people on 'Ish.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.