New chuck house

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
becks77
A selfsufficientish Regular

New chuck house

have ordered this chuck house, probably the wrong way around but now would like anyone's thoughts please

http://www.chickencoopsdirect.com/hen-house.htm
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New chuck house

well, my thoughts are, and I have always told this to people who have asked, I would never buy one of these purpose built houses AGAIN. I would never buy anything I couldn't walk into and give a really good clean out, a 6 x 4 shed works well, you can put in perches and plastic baskets for nest boxes so as you can pull everything out and clean it. I had Forsham cottage ark and house that I bought second hand, it gave me back ache to clean it out, the removable nest boxes were a gift to redmites. But you have bought it now so it is a bit late. I can't see if this has any perches?

becks77

Re: New chuck house

Thanks for your thoughts, it would be fabulous to have room to put in a shed, alas. Yes there are perches but I intend to higher them as these are not adequate height. TBH it looks sturdy and well made as opposed to some of the carp out there, so we shall see
:)
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"