Its Not Easy Being Green

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
GuardianCroft
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 57.9153° N
longitude: 5.3650° W

Its Not Easy Being Green

I'd love for this programme to return and for the Strawbridge Family to be on TV more.

It was always very informative, they were fun to watch and seemed to be making it up as they went along - like the rest of us! :iconbiggrin:

I found the book, of the series, in the local library recently and it was excellent. Probably one of the best (and most accessible) tomes I've read, in my researching and learning, so far.

I also like the lustrous-haired Neil Oliver, as you can guarantee any programme he's in will showcase Scotland's amazing scenery... :icon_smile:

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Its Not Easy Being Green

Last I heard, the farm is up for sale, you can google Newbridge Farm and see the place, Dick and Bridget have split up and Dick has a new squeeze, so not sure what they will do in the future as regards TV.

GuardianCroft
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Ah, that's a shame. Oh well, the book is an immortal reminder of the Strawbridge's heyday... :?

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

Some of the recent stuff I seen Dick Strawbridge in has been a pale immitation of the earlier stuff and very frivolous.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

Marc
Living the good life
Living the good life

Yes, the original series was good. A friend has their book, 'Practical Self-sufficiency' and it's excellent. Better than the old John Seymour one really.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

GuardianCroft
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

The book was in my local library and is the best one (of its type) I've read so far. Will probably buy a copy - seen some on ebay - soon as I can. :icon_smile: