BBC...

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
daffodiltulip
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

BBC...

I've tried a few times to watch on the BBC iPlayer, at the same time they were airing on telly, films, only to have the message come up that you can't watch it. I don't recall what it said exactly, but, they do expect you to pay the licence in order to view online (not catch up). Bearing this in mind, are they really allowed to insist on that and then say you can't watch online all that they air on telly? Furthermore, they make you click on the programme AND then play start before giving the message! Why not just have a caption under the picture on the first page letting you know not to bother??

happyhippy
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: BBC...

daffodiltulip wrote:I've tried a few times to watch on the BBC iPlayer, at the same time they were airing on telly, films, only to have the message come up that you can't watch it. I don't recall what it said exactly, but, they do expect you to pay the licence in order to view online (not catch up). Bearing this in mind, are they really allowed to insist on that and then say you can't watch online all that they air on telly? Furthermore, they make you click on the programme AND then play start before giving the message! Why not just have a caption under the picture on the first page letting you know not to bother??
Why would you be able to watch tv via the internet when its not catch up?if that were possible,no one would own a tv!lol

daffodiltulip
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

It is possible, these days, I think that was clear enough from the question. The rule of thumb is, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't try and talk, or offer a reply/advice about it. lol.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ummm, not exactly in the spirit of the forum daffodiltulip, maybe you're still a bit hungover from all the celebrations.
Be nice to people eh ?

In fact I would ask (almost) exactly the same question, why would you expect to watch a program for free at the same time as it's broadcast?
If it were possible and everybody did that, there would be no BBC programs at all in a few weeks.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.