Being "Enlightend" is tough....

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Stonehead
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Being "Enlightend" is tough....

Islaskye wrote:does anyone else sometimes feel like theyre battling against everyone else trying to live a more sustainable lifestyle? :shaking:
My family (and in some ways even my partner) all think Im a tree hugging hippie and sometimes it gets me down that no matter how I explain it they just dont get "it".

What have you done or said to help people understand your lifestyle choice? :flower:
I've battled the rest of society for most of my life. What do I say when people question it? **** off!

(I should be a crazy hermit up in the hills, rolling boulders on visitors, but the OH took pity on me so I can teeter on the fringes of the normal world. :wink: )

oldjerry

You see, I always agree with what you say

Even I dont do that..

I wasnt saying you shouldn't practice what you preach.I mean, that would be like the Labour Party toadying up to The City (as if...)

It's just that in the 10 minutes it takes me to pull the little plastic window out of the envelope the latest final demand arrived in,so I can put it in the correct recycling bin, and avoid prosecution, the bloody Chinese have opened six more coal-fired power stations.

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

oldjerry wrote:You see, I always agree with what you say

Even I dont do that..

I wasnt saying you shouldn't practice what you preach.I mean, that would be like the Labour Party toadying up to The City (as if...)

It's just that in the 10 minutes it takes me to pull the little plastic window out of the envelope the latest final demand arrived in,so I can put it in the correct recycling bin, and avoid prosecution, the bloody Chinese have opened six more coal-fired power stations.
man You are a legend in your life time :hugish:
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham