Superscrimpers.

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
123sologne
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Superscrimpers.

I had one look at this show a couple of weeks ago and they were just showing how to do your nails cheaply with some little dots on them................................ I had to look on the TV program twice to really believe this was about "serious" saving money!! I moved on quickly to another channel....

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I only watch it for Lady lesley!

She's one of my new heroes...

John Headstrong

I have just "the ultimate guide to penny pinching" watched http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the- ... nching/4od

the coupon queen has me amazed at what she saved, anyone here use coupons regularly ?

Paul_C
Tom Good
Tom Good

funny story im actualy on it.

well for a few seconds

in the episode when they did torbay for 50 quid there is a clip of my clubs dive boat, which i effectivly live on, chugging out of torbay harbour on one of our many seafood snaffling sessions. and i was at the helm.

its the dirty scow of a boat with a mahoosive orange boy on the bows

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

John Headstrong wrote:

the coupon queen has me amazed at what she saved, anyone here use coupons regularly ?
We use the vouchers my OH earns on surveys and supermarket points saved throughout the year to buy out Christmas goodies - we usually have about £150 to spend. However - I really don't see the point of buying stuff with a coupon if it's poor quality sh1te that no-one wants to eat! She even admitted that some of the food she acquired (rather than bought) was nutritionaly questionable!
As to the road kill bloke - does he really eat £30 worth of meat in a week?? And how much is he really saving when he drives 30 miles of road to find his "free" meat?
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Puddleduck
Tom Good
Tom Good

Did anybody else see the last episode of superscrimpers, where one of the girls being 'educated' spent over £20,000 a year on looking good? I don't think I've ever spent that much in my entire life! Imagine all the biscuits you could buy for that.....

And, in my opinion, she would have looked better without a face full of designer gunk and the fake hair.

On the plus side though I did use some of the tips and managed to save some serious money on car insurance, RAC and the like.

Lost-in-the-Day
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Puddleduck wrote:Did anybody else see the last episode of superscrimpers, where one of the girls being 'educated' spent over £20,000 a year on looking good? I don't think I've ever spent that much in my entire life! Imagine all the biscuits you could buy for that.....
....How is that even possible??? :shaking:
Stop Animal Cruelty this Christmas- http://lost-in-the-day.blogspot.com/201 ... stmas.html

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wondered that. I got through Uni with less than that a year, so after paying rent and buying food, where did they get the money from?!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

If I needed to spend £20,000 a year to look good, I think I'd apply for a head transplant. Failing that, I think I'd just go with what I had.

A personality could possibly help in situations such as these (having one, that is, not hiring one).

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Millymollymandy

I use coupons, but only if they are the things I usually buy anyway. Otherwise it's rather a false economy and often the coupons available here are for brand names which are far more expensive than the supermarkets' own brand or el cheapo range of stuff. The best economy is to look thru the junk mail and buy food which is on promo i.e. meat or fish, in bulk when it is being offered at a cheaper price than normal.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/