Waybaloo? Chill out.

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Waybaloo? Chill out.

Our son loves Waybaloo. Watching him try to do the "yogo" is hillarious. (He's 20months) With xmas approaching we thought it would be nice to get him something related to the show as a present. I did the the usual research on the internet for a reasonable price/ethical source etc etc. In doing so I came across alot of anger and critisism thrown at it because of it's "anti Christian" content. There is some real venom in some of the langauge used by those against it. Anyone else think "Calm down, it's a childrens TV programme". I don't think any of us "adults" were halmed by HeMan or SheRa were we?
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Susie
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Waybaloo? Chill out.

Not harmed by He Man but I've never been quite the same since Rainbow :shock: .
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd never heard of Waybaloo, so I googled it and poked around a little. Oh deary me! - the things some small-minded people find to complain about. Well worthy of being totally ignored, I think (the people, not the programme).

It's not that long ago, I seem to remember, that there was a strong anti-Teletubbies movement. I agreed that it was drivel, but then I noticed that it was almost universally popular amongst a certain age group. A decade later, I don't see too many young teenagers subverting the children of "more careful" parents. Mankind may just survive Waybaloo.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Millymollymandy

Oh dear I don't know any of these but don't think I was harmed by the Magic Roundabout or (later on) Tiswas. :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

jim
Living the good life
Living the good life

Bobop liddl weeb.

Weeeed!

Bobop liddl weeb.

Weeeeed!

Bobop Bill.

Bobop Ben.

As you can see, it didn't do me any harm. (On the other hand, two eccentric guys being incoherent in a garden full of weed might be viewed as a little controversial by some ......)

Love and Peace
Jim
The law will punish man or woman
Who steals the goose from off the Common
But lets that greater thief go loose
Who steals the Common from the goose.

Millymollymandy

Flobalob :flower: :flower: :flower:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

At the time it was great, but Muffin the Mule took on a whole new meaning in later (teenage) years. :pale:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

oldjerry

Me and my friends were deeply affected by Captain Pugwash.Many went on to Roger the cabinboy.

spider8

Lol! Just don't know how they got away with the names for Captain Pugwash and his crew but oh boy, it does make you laugh :lol: . Now I find In The Night Garden really weird - er, not that I watch it myself, just that someone else told me about it and out of curiosity I had a look.........honest :oops: .
Life's a bitch and then you diet.

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was wondering how long it would take :iconbiggrin:

Pugwash is a myth. The cabin boy was called Tom and Seaman Staines never existed. Sorry! However, there was a character called Pirate Willy (about whom no jokes are ever told) and there was also a character called Master Mate. In one episode in which Pugwash had a cold, he uttered the Immortal line "I certainly did Master Bate". The programme makers insisted this was purely a result of the cold - but surely that would then have been "Baster Bate"? I leave you to decide.

It's all harmless though - although the Sunday Times and, I think, the Gurniad were successfully sued over it.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

spider8

Shucks! what a shame and I secretly hoped it was true and someone had got away with it. It would have been top marks for giving the adults a chuckle, oh well.
I don't really remember my early childhood programmes but I did watch The Clangers, now there's pure harmless entertainment.

spider8

I've just Googled Waybaloo and watched the yoga programme that has them all up in arms........what is the matter with them? Good grief!

oldjerry

MKG wrote:I was wondering how long it would take :iconbiggrin:

Pugwash is a myth. The cabin boy was called Tom and Seaman Staines never existed. Sorry! However, there was a character called Pirate Willy (about whom no jokes are ever told) and there was also a character called Master Mate. In one episode in which Pugwash had a cold, he uttered the Immortal line "I certainly did Master Bate". The programme makers insisted this was purely a result of the cold - but surely that would then have been "Baster Bate"? I leave you to decide.

It's all harmless though - although the Sunday Times and, I think, the Gurniad were successfully sued over it.

Mike

Don't care, if zillions can believe in myths like the aforementioned ZC and some beardy who's into stoning women , then I'm going for Seaman Stains & Co........... and can I have a Govt. grant please ?

Mal
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

The Enemy will use a show like Waybaloo to infiltrate your home. He will tell you lies, such as, "those creatures are simply flying" and "this show will have no effect on your kids". Thats what he does. We are engaged in spiritual warfare ALL THE TIME. I think you should pray and ask if these shows are appropriate for your family...
(from http://www.circleofmoms.com/christian-m ... loo-444782#_)

Really, that's all I'm going to say.
"If you want to catch a loon, you have to think like a loon"

Big Al

Ah but the politically correct are harmed and scarred for life by their daily mail angst.
On womans hour, Radio 4 today ( and yes I am in touch with my feminine side) they had a left wing woman one arguing with Ryan Airs boss about the ryan air calandar that has "provocotive pictures" of cabin crew in "surgestive posses" ....... She didn't win the argument by the way. If the boss of the company wants to send me to a carribean island for 5 days full pay and for free then he can photo me in any pose !!

This is just the latest PC crap that nearly got action man done away with for ever.

Here so endeth the sermon of Big al !

Besides they are probably southern baptists......
BA
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger