Takes some believing.........

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
Mrs Moustoir
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Takes some believing.........

When DD was about five, she flat refused to eat home grown carrots.

The carrots tasted "too carroty" and weren't orange enough!

She's 10 now and over that phase, thank goodness.

Bluemoon
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I have to admit that my one problem with homegrown is that carrots taste too carroty. :oops:

Ellendra
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

JR wrote:I cant believe what some people are like. We are so used to seeing dirt on our produce we find it strange to buy clean ones from the supermarkets or local green grocer.

Recently dealt with my own squeamishness for "filthy" produce. I never minded seeing dirt on things that grew in the dirt, but I recently found an apple tree hiding on my land. The apples were absolutely filthy and almost rotten-looking, but I picked a bag anyway, thinking maybe I'd be able to cut away enough of the bad parts for a small batch of apple butter. Much to my surprise, the "rotten-looking" part washed right off the skin! The farmer across the stream must have driven his tractor by when it was muddy and the tires sprayed mud everywhere, because those apples were perfect. (Well, 2 had worms in them, but other than that.)

What's more, it turned out they weren't crabapples. They're golds that just needed a little more attention while growing.