What are you growing right now?

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What are you growing right now?

Thu May 09, 2019 9:29 am

We had first cook of peas last Sunday, very nice too, other than that I am a bit short of fresh veg at the moment. Just the remains of spring greens and 9 star perennial.
I do have some courgettes starting to swell, so should be ready sometime next week. I started them off far too early and potted them up in big pots and stuck them in the greenhouse. So far it seems like a good idea that I might do on purpose next year.
Other than that, I planted out my Brussels sprouts and I have 2 lots of climbing French beans in the tunnel, also sweet corn has been planted and quite a few peanut plants.
I have potted up 2 varieties of dwarf French beans ready to be planted, but waiting for overnight temps to go up a bit. It looks like that will happen this coming weekend as the forecast is for minimums of 12 C, rather than the 6's and 7's just lately.
Outdoors the potatoes are doing well, despite the frost of last week, and I have 2 x 20 foot rows of maincrop peas growing away nicely
Plus lots more that I won't bore you with :lol:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Thu May 09, 2019 10:15 am

We're self-sufficient in lettuce, some started outside in our upside-down crate mini-greenhouse and others in our third hydroponic unit, but that's pretty much it. We've got chillies too, but only a few fresh, mainly the remains of last years crop, dried.
In the same mini-greenhouse are some caulis, in pots, waiting for us to have nice enough weather to step outside, never mind garden!
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Thu May 09, 2019 4:25 pm

Tomatoes, peppers, aubergines all in greenhouse. Potatoes showing at allotment, signs of summer turnips, beetroot and even parsnip seeds. Some broad beans planted out and some peas too. More peas ready to go in ground. Brassicas pricked out and soon to ready to plant on. Squashes ready to go out into greenhouse to harden off a bit.

ina

Thu May 09, 2019 5:54 pm

You all seem to be about 3 months ahead of me... Even the plants I've started off in the house aren't going anywhere - it's just too cold! And I've had a definite problem getting courgette to germinate. Not usually diffficult.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)