Today's Garden Acivity.

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
Durgan
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Today's Garden Acivity.

http://www.durgan.org/URL/?JMZTH 16 August 2011 Today’s activity.

Today was very hot;in fact, this Summer has been exceptionally hot. It is necessary to check and pick almost daily particularly the tomatoes, since they tend to split in the heat.The beets and carrots are almost finished so they were picked.Picking always takes much time.Most of the produce was distributed amongst the neighbors. The ground cherries are doing well, since they appreciate heat. Later in the day the wild elderberry bushes were checked. Four pounds of berries were picked, which will be made into juice.

crazymaisey
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: Today's Garden Acivity.

Ooooh! Sounds wonderful! I'm new to growing food so all I have been growing so far is hanging toms. I have 4 baskets full of flowers at the mo with about 6 tiny green tomatoes lurking among the leaves. I really have the bug now for growing stuff and can't wait until I can write a post like this one of yours!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Today's Garden Acivity.

But Durgan has a small dog, crazymaisey. Some of us suspect that this is the secret of Durgan's gardening success - it's small enough to do the pollination :iconbiggrin: .

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)