Current Compost offers ... Are there any ?

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
KK21
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Current Compost offers ... Are there any ?

Does anybody know of any good offers for multi purpose compost.

Need to plant on seedlings, due very soon and will be planting potatoers too, in containers, then in a few weeks potting tomatoes.

Just wondering which compost is best as well as being economical

I like peat free, but not essential

thanks
http://www.urbanhives.co.uk << for beekeepers looking for space, or landowners looking for beekeepers

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Current Compost offers ... Are there any ?

Have you tried your local recycling centre. Mine has premier potting compost at £3.00 a bag.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

the best of late that I've seen is 4 for £10 at local garden centres.

For future reference in the autum gather lots of leaves and if you come across sharp sand or polystyrene packing then save these.
All mixed together makes a good compost.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

KK21

Thanks for your replies
baldybloke wrote:Have you tried your local recycling centre. Mine has premier potting compost at £3.00 a bag.
Yes, I actually asked somebody who worked for the Council and they use it all themselves.
Big Al wrote:For future reference in the autum gather lots of leaves and if you come across sharp sand or polystyrene packing then save these.
All mixed together makes a good compost.
Actually for the first time ever I filled 20 black bags of leaves in Autumn 2009, punched holes in the bag and stuck them behind the greenhouse. I might use the material mixed with the new compost for the potatoes (containers)

Regards to all
http://www.urbanhives.co.uk << for beekeepers looking for space, or landowners looking for beekeepers