FINALLY got started on the allotment !

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
deborah
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

FINALLY got started on the allotment !

Yippeeeee !!!!!! After having the allotment for a few weeks, it had finally dried up enough yesterday for us to get on it and make a start. We got about a third of it dug over. There is a bumper crop of stones but not many weeds. They are mainly groundsel so they don't take much pulling out.

Unfortunately if we get the weather that is forecast it might be a while before it's dry enough to get on again, but at least we got a little bit done ! It felt great to finally make a start !

*skipping* :cheers:

Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: FINALLY got started on the allotment !

deborah wrote:Yippeeeee !!!!!! After having the allotment for a few weeks, it had finally dried up enough yesterday for us to get on it and make a start. We got about a third of it dug over. There is a bumper crop of stones but not many weeds. They are mainly groundsel so they don't take much pulling out.

Unfortunately if we get the weather that is forecast it might be a while before it's dry enough to get on again, but at least we got a little bit done ! It felt great to finally make a start !

*skipping* :cheers:

Congrats on the allotment Deborah. It will be hard work but I'm sure you will enjoy it.

As you live in the durham area I thought I'd put this link http://www.doga.org.uk/index.html in in case you don't know about them. I'll be going to their march meeting as a new prospective member.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

deborah

Thank you, I hadn't heard of them !

evelyn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Well done!

It is hard starting as some times you cant decide where to start, i simpothise with you and your bumper crop of stones, every time i start a new bit in the garden i get a bumper crop of bricks, i think who ever lived here before me used to plant them like the rest of us plant spuds :? :?

Good luck :flower:

Eve

sleepyowl

Well done starting is always the hardest part
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

becks77

Well done, it will be hard work but so worth it in the end
Best of luck
Let us know how you get on
:flower:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"