Where can I get wellies that fit ? !

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
deborah
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: Where can I get wellies that fit ? !

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:58 pm

I got a pair of the shorter wellies at a cheapie shoe shop, they cost 8 quid and I have slit the tops open. I can get them on but to get my jeans tucked in I would have to cut them down too far. But at least it's a start !
I will just have to keep on looking !

Post Mistress
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:19 pm

I also have the wide-calf problem. I have some that just about fit from Focus DIY, but can't tuck in anything thicker than cotton trousers. Has anyone tried the Aigle Bergen boots that lace up? They are quite expensive but look good (I think) - touch of the Vita Sackville- West about them!

sheena
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:56 pm

In our local farm merchants you can buy wellies that lace up so you can adjust them to fit your calf quite comfortably, but I haven't got a clue what they cost - note to self to have a look next time i am in there!

tiggy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:08 pm

I have big feet so never have this problem because only mens shoes fit me.I only buy cheapo wellies and turn the tops over Compo style but hardly ever wear them ,prefer rig boots most of the time

jenko
Tom Good
Tom Good

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:24 pm

sheena wrote:In our local farm merchants you can buy wellies that lace up so you can adjust them to fit your calf quite comfortably, but I haven't got a clue what they cost - note to self to have a look next time i am in there!
thats were i got my 'muck boots' from, a farmers merchant, they are ace, and i managed to hagle a bit with the bloke selling them at the merchants

jenko

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Agree - with most posters about wellie size. Why don't they make them wider around the calf area??

I bought a pair of muckboots and they are fantastic. Very cosy. Bought them at a country store but you can get them online here.

http://www.muckbootcompany.com/

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:45 am

For anyone near Wisbech, I saw Stormwell wellies with the buckle top for £13.99 in Eversons the other day. And if you're not in Wisbech, you might have an old fashioned "Are You Being Served" / camping shop near where you are. In which case, they might have them too. Off to investigate when I've actually got some cash.

Lynne