Sadly, BIL found the time to pluck, prepare and cook it...dunno what it tasted like though.
But thanks for the advice anyway!
Search found 586 matches
- Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:35 pm
- Forum: Herbs and Vegetables
- Topic: jerusalem artichokes
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1259
You can use them like potatoes. We made a load of soup when we grew them, which was lovely. We also had them peeled and roasted. But we stopped growing them because they create a lot of hot air, IYKWIM!
- Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:17 pm
- Forum: Allotments, Veg Patches and Container Gardening
- Topic: I could be a pheasant plucker!
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1444
BIL is threatening to bring over a pheasant somebody gave him as he hasn't had time to do anything with it. It has been hanging in his garage for 2 weeks. 1) I know you are supposed to hang them for a bit, but two weeks? Will it be safe to eat? 2) If I follow the instructions for plucking and guttin...
- Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:03 pm
- Forum: Home Brew and other Country Skills
- Topic: Choc Treacle Stout - 23/12/07
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2005
Oh dear!! Can you write your recipes in a stupid fairy friendly format please? I'd like to try making this but i can't work out the brewers code (i know that everything stands for something...). Thankyou! I am glad it's not just me. Your recipe would be very good for experienced brewers, I am sure,...
- Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:53 pm
- Forum: Site Information and Announcements
- Topic: Totally finished the book now! and HAPPY CHRISTMAS
- Replies: 23
- Views: 7252
Yay!!! If we know of events that would help promote your book maybe you should suggest them to your publishers? There is an Essex Book Festival but I think it is in March - too early for you I think. Maybe you could get the publisher to pay for you to go to the Big Green Gathering? My friend who is ...
- Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:02 pm
- Forum: What's in the pot? Recipes and anything about Cooking
- Topic: Christmas Grub
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1339