Search found 384 matches
- Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:55 pm
- Forum: But what can I do?
- Topic: Empty Freezer Drawers
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3059
Could you swap with a neighbor who has a smaller one? I gave my giant fridge to a neighbor and bought a tiny one that sits on a small set of shelves. I don't have to lean over to get to the bottom shelf. There is a teensy freezer that I keep a couple of packages of froz veggies or butter in. I wish ...
- Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:49 pm
- Forum: What's in the pot? Recipes and anything about Cooking
- Topic: delicious gluten free recipes(easy)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 502
I use teff, both the whole grain and the flour. It's gluten-free and high in lysine. I've made muffins, pancakes, bread, and Welsh cakes. I only use teff. Some mix it with other grains.
- Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:29 pm
- Forum: The ish Local - (Chat)
- Topic: People's reactions to what we see as "normal"
- Replies: 82
- Views: 5798
Televisions: Only have a piece of wire stuck in the back of the television. I get 1 - 3 channels, depending. It's enough for the the hour or two a week, or a month, I watch. Housing: Here's one that is hugely vilified here: I live in a mobile home, which I own. I paid cash for it. No more renting an...
- Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:07 pm
- Forum: Allotments, Veg Patches and Container Gardening
- Topic: Washing machine - 40 vs 30 degrees?
- Replies: 36
- Views: 4634
I switched to washing in cold water only. Saved two therms of natural gas the first month. (I do approx. 5 loads of laundry per month.)