"Tendering" website?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Graye
A selfsufficientish Regular

"Tendering" website?

Somewhere "out there" (ie in cyberspace) there is a website where you can list your location and a job you need doing and people can tender for it. I can't locate it so I'm wondering if anyone knows the url please? We have so many jobs to be done (from applying wood preservative to the shed and summerhouse to moving the satellite dish and finding the pipework for our spring water supply) that it would be a great find if we could come across it again.
Growing old is much better then the alternative!

Milims

Re: "Tendering" website?

I seem to remember there was one connected with a project called BizFizz Peterlee that turned into such a directory of services - not so far from North Yorkshire. As far as I know it was a directory of building/odd job etc services in the area that were checked out by building control to ensure that they were correct and then added to the directory.
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Graye

Thanks for the info Milims, but it just reminded me I haven't changed my location (now done)!

Peterlee is quite a way from where we were though so probably tradesmen wouldn't have wanted to travel that far. Still hopeful of someone knowing of a relevant website though...

RuthG
Living the good life
Living the good life

There was one called something like 'my builder' but for all trades related to building. Personally, I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole, having been stung once by some cowboy or other that we found on there.

Graye

I found one called findatrade but if I put in our location and ask for specific trades I get recommendations for people in Swansea and Telford, both miles away, but no one local. We do have a "local" free paper but that seems to cover a huge area with no one local. And I've just discovered the down side of no neighbours - no one to ask!