Holoween costume ideas

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
Ron and Jean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Holoween costume ideas

I have just decked my eldest out as a vampire catcher (garlic, holy water in plant spray bottle, crosses from costa coffee stir sticks, stakes and a toy machine gun firing silver bullets of course). I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for DIY costumes...... It really bugs me that people don't get creative anymore and just go to local supermarket and buy rubbish.

Urban Ayisha
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Holoween costume ideas

my best friend is having her engagemet party on halloween. her and hubby to be are dressing as a black bride and groom (imagine the movie corpse bride type thing), my mum is dressing as a tiger in a lycra jumpsuit she bought in oxfam yesterday (shes got the figure for it at 50, fair play!) and im going as Frida Kahlo! my other half is being well unimaginative and going as a pirate but all of these sort of things dont need gimmicky new things bought for!

jampot
Living the good life
Living the good life

my uni hall mates and i are going on the town as ghosts( cue cheap bed sheets) and ghost busters with home made proton packs ( cola bottles) yay for dressing up!!
AAARRGHH its behind you!!!

MuddyWitch
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

We turned my (then 8 now 23) eldest into a skeleton by sewing 'bones' onto a black tee shirt & leggings, & face painted her lips black, along with deep hollows around her eyes. (I do have photos of this, but they are packed ready for our move, sorry.)

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

one of my past favourites was a spider - piece of black netting with two pairs of black stockings sewn on and rubber gloves at the ends black jumper and leggings, netting stitched across the shoulders/sleeves and gathered up the back of the jumper, and bottom corners tacked to the leggings, black turban, make up to match
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Eigon
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Ah, happy memories!
I remember dressing as Queen of the Spiders for a Hallowe'en party in a black leotard and tights and a hand knitted grey shawl.
Of course, that was the night the police called! (I'd handed in some lost property and no-one had claimed it, so they came to tell me it was mine).
"The best way to get real enjoyment out of the garden isto put on a wide straw hat, hold a little trowel in one hand and a cool drink in the other, and tell the man where to dig."
Charles Barr