URGH

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

URGH

sorry, in this i will not be censoring the word T***o, mainly cos for once they were actually helpful.
my acer has gone to the big T***o's in the sky.
multiple system hangs, one while i was in the middle of doing some actual work. Overheating causing goodness knows what damage, and general crappiness of battery life. We are fairly sure we're not the first to have taken one back to T***o either because the customer service lady was being quite a moo about taking it back until we said "could you as the electronics manager to come down please?" she took thelappy upstairs to the electronics and within 5 mins was back down with us saying "so, do you want a full refund or product swap?"...

we went for the refund.

I'm buying an asus eeepc.
russiandoll feel free to rub it in my face that yours is better and always has been, I'll take it for a few days lol!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Shirley

Re: URGH

I bought an acer once upon a time and that was rubbish too... it went back :D
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

mrsflibble

Have ordered a 12gbSSD asus eeepc running winxp (sorry to the linux fans but i just couldn't cut it; and demand5's plug in wasn't linux compatible) and I'll also be purchasing an 8gb SDHC card for memory expansion, plus a 2gb standard sd to whack some music on for in the car.

woot.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very

Russian Doll

rubbing in face now hunny lol

mrsflibble

oh, yeah, and it's laptop black not snazzy white. but it's got xp on it!! i can watch neighbours in the kitchen!