weight loss 2013

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Re: weight loss 2013

After an over indulgent weekend with lots of cake and alcohol ( was our wedding anniversary :love8: ) I'v just finished off the rest of the chocolate cake today so will be fasting tomorrow to make up for all the extra calories. On Friday i was spot on 8st, this morning i was 8st 2lbs so it might take a few days to get back down. Might do a couple of days in a row, although maybe i shouldn't start run days together again, might get carried away, after a couple of days of fasting you start feeling all giddy like you're on drugs lol
Anyway, finished dinner at 5pm this evening and wont eat food till dinner tomorrow. I think it's best not to eat anything then you can eat a proper dinner. When i start eating i find it difficult to stop too, im an all or nothing girl. Get though the day with 1 cup of tea which i drink half of then reheat it later and have the other half, and of course my fizzy mineral water which i drink nearly every day.

Is everyone doing 5:2 now??
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

sleepyowl

I'm going to join you guys after I was told when registering at the local GP's surgery I need to lose weight as I fall into the obese catergory & both of my parents are diabetic, but have to lose almost 5 stone apparently, not entirely sure where from as I probably only have 2-3 stone max in fat to lose & last time I lost inches around my trunk my weight went up.
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

boboff

Oh update!

Last weigh in on Monday I was 17st 4lb, so thats 1st 3lb lost in 6 weeks.

Which is nice!

Fasting 3 times a week now as this seems to work, and avoiding pastry as when I cooked loads of mini quiches for a Mothers Day Party Tea, that week I put on 1/2 lb!!!!!

Fasting today, it does get easier.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

The Riff-Raff Element

Fast today. At last weigh-in I was down at 76.6kg, so only 1.6 to go to target. My blood pressure is down at levels not seen for, oh, ever such a long time. I'm exercising a lot - running mostly - and I think I'm starting to put back on some of the muscle I lost after stopping regular sport many moons ago.

oldjerry

I'm struggling.I don't like weighing ,so I go by how wide my waist is,and the last couple of weeks have been poor.As ever, it's more drinks than eats which is my downfall.
I've just started using some opiate patches (Fentolan) and I've no appetite at all,so perhaps I'll lose weight by default!

The Riff-Raff Element

A friend of ours developed type II diabetes a few years back. Her diet, medication and blood sugar results are regularly monitored by a NHS nutritionist based at one of the big teaching hospitals and on her last visit, being concerned about her weight, she discussed the 5:2 eating program with the nutritionist.

The woman told her that a couple of the patients she's following have already tried the diet and have both lost weight and significantly improved their insulin sensitivity. It would seem that there is a concerted effort within the NHS to gather together & properly review all the information they can find regarding diets that include fasting - both published & unpublished - because limited results for controlling diabetes, raised cholesterol and high blood pressure have been so promising.

Anyway, the upshot is that our friend has been told she can follow the diet provided she takes particular care to monitor her blood sugar on fast days and uses her 500 kcals carefully to control any dips.

The Riff-Raff Element

:mrgreen: Made target weight. I can start eating a modest number of peanuts.

prison break fan

Congratulations Jon!! less said about my efforts the better! pbf.

Flo

I've bust the scales - :oops: but I put on a small sized pair of trousers yesterday very easily and they aren't tight so I've obviously not added anything. Maintaining is as good as losing when the weather stops you getting out and about.

Now I shall return to looking at what I have been doing with the general diet and see where improvements can be made - less toast might be good. :dontknow: