Paths on allotment

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Paths on allotment

I have just been putting in some paving bricks on my allotment. Someone a few doors up left them in their front garden with a help your self note. - So I have been lugging 8-10 bricks at a time in a rucksack up to my allotment and putting them down as a path. Bit of a strain but could not pass up an opportunity like a free path.

This now extends my path made from scaffolding planks, a few patio slabs and some sunken house bricks.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

justskint
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Make a hod carrier of you yet!
too many interests, not enough cash.

Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Paths on allotment

Andy Hamilton wrote:I have just been putting in some paving bricks on my allotment. Someone a few doors up left them in their front garden with a help your self note. - So I have been lugging 8-10 bricks at a time in a rucksack up to my allotment and putting them down as a path. Bit of a strain but could not pass up an opportunity like a free path.

This now extends my path made from scaffolding planks, a few patio slabs and some sunken house bricks.
If only we were closer. I've got loads of bricks, good engineering ones and no scaffold boards for deep beds. I'd swap some gladly, saves maknig deep beds out of bricks i guess.....