jamie oliver

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
old tree man
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

jamie oliver

Has anyone been watching the jamie oliver series, jamie at home i must admit he has jumped on the bandwagon and doing the HFW thing but i like it , i might even buy the book.

Russ
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

hamster

Yes I have. I like this series a lot better than the last one that was on in September. It's had some really good recipes, and I'm really tempted to buy the book as well (even though I haven't got room for any more cookbooks :roll: ).

I normally find JO quite irritating, but I thought the school dinners campaign was brilliant and laudable (if frustrated by things beyond his control) and twice since this series was on I've found myself cooking things that he did on the programme...
They're not weeds - that's a habitat for wildlife, don't you know?

http://sproutingbroccoli.wordpress.com

red

I've been resisting it cos I thought it was a bit bandwagony etc... but ended up watching it last night whilst knitting, the one on eggs.. and actually its pretty good.... i want to do that recipe with the egg pancake ribbons... so there you go

also thought his program on chickens and battery farming was bettr than HFW, it seemed to me JO was more inclined to show it how it is and let you decide, rather than push it, and therefore got the cooperation of the farmers who were able to get over that its the consumer who drives this etc etc. I think this is the best way - inform people, let them decide.
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

I used to find JO really annoying... untill I saw the school dinners show, it also showed a big part of his relationship with his wife, which, although 'fly on the wall' stuff is terrible, at least you saw it from their point of view.

I think he won quite a few fans through that... I don't like his writing style much though.

Anyway... all these recent cooking programs sound interesting... but I am still glad I don't have a TV.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

If you go on the ch4 website you can watch it there ,or even go to his own web site, i think you can see it there and get some of the recipies
all the best

Russ :flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah... I want to try one of those iplayer thingies... but my 'puter is running r-e-e-e-a-a-al-l-l-l-y-yy s-l-l-o-o-w-w-l-l-l-y-yy just now ... so it might not be wise

thanks anyways for the tip :wink:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Green Rosie
Living the good life
Living the good life

red wrote:I've been resisting it cos I thought it was a bit bandwagony etc... but ended up watching it last night whilst knitting, the one on eggs.. and actually its pretty good.... i want to do that recipe with the egg pancake ribbons... so there you go
We made them for lunch - they were yummy ...... but took a bit longer than the 15mins Mr O took :roll:

Green Rosie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Annpan wrote:I used to find JO really annoying... untill I saw the school dinners show, it also showed a big part of his relationship with his wife, which, although 'fly on the wall' stuff is terrible, at least you saw it from their point of view.
My ex-neighbour knows Mr O and says what you see on the TV is who he really is - he's a nice guy who is passionate about food and getting everyone to eat healthily.

I personally find his style a bit annoying but likewise after School Dinners I had a lot more time for him. And I like a lot of his recipes too.

mybarnconversion
Living the good life
Living the good life

Come-on people, you can't buy into the JO PR machine ... you'll be loving Ramsay next ;)

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

:lol: Sory too late for me - I saw him and as was said earlier it was his passion for fresh and quality food that attracted me to him - and the non specific 'handfulls' measuring :flower: I can ignore the 'isms'
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

amecoy75002
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I just caught one of his at home shows here in America. Loved it. After all the other "big kitchens" shows his is nice a homey. The risotto and mushrooms looked heavenly. Hubby and I really enjoyed his older shows.

contadina

I think that if you if you ignore the whole mockney-cockney pucker-mucker side to Jamie his recipes are really good. There's no denying that the boy knows his food. We've got several of his books and cook a high percentage of his recipes on a regular basis. Also, unlike many of the celebrity chefs, that I find overly fiddly and generally requiring far too many ingredients his cooking is based on simple, fresh and easily obtainable food.

Helsbells

The only thing that I find a little annoying about "at home" is the little sketchbook/notebook things that fly across the screen between each bit, they are a bit farcical for my liking,, they are trying to make it seem more "homey" than it needs to be. (They are very pretty though, and would like a little book like that myself, its just they are clearly not home made or made by Jamie, and thats what annoys me.)

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I like jamie, but I'm under strict orders not to buy anything by him on account of him "stealing" my hubby's name- as if that's his fault lol!!!

I just think my hubby's sick of being the butt of many a mockney/cooking joke at work.

I'm married to James Oliver. :roll:
better still, his step dad is Bill Gates (we call him Harry) and his sister in law is Jules Oliver. what a flipping family lol!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Millymollymandy

Brilliant! :lol: :lol: :lol: