Does anyone know what these are?

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Cassiepod
Living the good life
Living the good life

I agree as best I can with the answers to 1,2&3...

On the bobbin front, once you ahhe wound onto it, which way round should the thread be 'unthreading' when you put it underneath the foot of the machine? I keep getting tangled up and can't figure out the right way round....

pskipper
Living the good life
Living the good life

#3 is a bit blury but looks like a heming foot to me. Does it have a little curl of thick wire inside? They are a bit fiddly to use but once you get them going you can hem really quickly!

snapdragon
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

Cassiepod wrote:I agree as best I can with the answers to 1,2&3...

On the bobbin front, once you ahhe wound onto it, which way round should the thread be 'unthreading' when you put it underneath the foot of the machine? I keep getting tangled up and can't figure out the right way round....
ah - that will depend on the machine - is there a little drawing in the bobbin 'race' ?

You'll need to hook the thread into a > or < shaped metal piece the thread hooks into it and pulls against, so if it's on the left then the bobbin thread will come out at the left hook into it and trail towards the back of the striking plate and if you wound it on you'd be winding anti-clock, if on the right you'll hook into the < on the right of the bobbin housing (if you wound it on in this position you'd be winding clockwise)

does that make any sense at all?
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

the second two are definitely feet.

Mrs F - i have exactly the same sewing machine!!

I've got the manual somewhere - i'll dig it out and have a look, its got all the feet and what they're for in it. there's an amazing array of feet for the singers - i have the full set and there were some that i hadn' ever heard of before (such as ones for sewing frills!).

I'm off work this weekend, so i'll try to dig it out then.

hamster

Thanks, everyone. I've found a couple of facsimiles of old manuals online, so I should be able to try threading it soon.

I might leave the feet till I know what I'm doing! Never actually sewn anything more complicated than hemming a tablecloth. Feel frighteningly incompetent, and dress patterns are like a different language... :?
They're not weeds - that's a habitat for wildlife, don't you know?

http://sproutingbroccoli.wordpress.com

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hamster - don't be bamboozled by dress patterns. Just get a simple/ basic one and take it slowly.

I made my own wedding dress, and before that, I had only made curtains and tablecloths.... I have to admit to having techno-joy though (ie. will have a go at anything, any time, full throtle, woo-hoo, oh crap, it broke, so what, start again :cheers: )
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

hamster

I think it's the combination of understanding neither dress patterns (nor any of the curtain books I got out of the library - I don't want to make colour-coordinated pelmets, I want to keep my house warm!!) nor the sewing machine that is stressing me out.

Going to my first dressmaking class tonight though! Woo!! Great half-Christmas-pressie from Grandma! Hopefully should be more knowledgeable soon...
They're not weeds - that's a habitat for wildlife, don't you know?

http://sproutingbroccoli.wordpress.com

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

The class sound good, enjoy :mrgreen:

For curtains - never believe anything you read in those library books, they make everything more complex than it needs to be. Curtains are easy to make, it is just hemming a huge tabe cloth and attaching curtain tape (available in any material shop)
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

hamster wrote:.........Going to my first dressmaking class tonight though! Woo!! Great half-Christmas-pressie from Grandma! Hopefully should be more knowledgeable soon...
Enjoy :)

I reckon learning new stuff is a great way to start a new year :cheers:
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6: