Slugbag

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Slugbag

James modelling the JimTech SlugBag.

oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Milims

We love the slugbag :cheers: And James looks very fetching under it! :lol: And as every good handbag should have - there's just enough glitter! Or are the sequins to emulate the snail trail?? :pale:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Milims wrote:We love the slugbag :cheers: And James looks very fetching under it! :lol:
Hmmm, you can't trust a bloke with a beard though......

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Millymollymandy

You're just jealous Nev, you know you want one really! (a slugbag that is) :lol:

Shirley

That's cool! I love the slug trail strap.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

red

yeh the slug trail strap is great!
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

mrsflibble

I always try to make my sister in law something for christmas or her nirthday 'cos she loves home made presents and generally reciprocates with fantastic cookies :lol:

the strap has many reasons. firstly it was cheap from peacocks, it is elastic so will fit round any amount of boobage (i needed to check the position of the bag, I'm a HH cup, my SIL is a C or D), yes it looks like a slug trail, and it is more comfortable than the canvas strap i was going to use...

Ideally I wanted to use a rather snazzy belt that I found in primark, but my sister in law is a hardened vegetarian and the belt was bonded leather.

And finally, with the spangly belt it cost me less than a fiver to make thw whole thing. the lining bag part (complete with zip) was out of an old bag, the base of the slug was "pleather" from the base of the same old bag so the zip tag and the base match. the uppper and frill of the slug was left over material from when i recovered our dining chairs and I always have bags of eyes and rolls of thread on the go.

the strap cost me £3 in the peacocks sale.
so it's an environmentally and economically friendly slug called Bertina.

my brother now wants a slug pencil case.

here is Jules's pressie from 2004, I think they were my crowning glory of home made pressies in my pre-slug days lol! made from 2 balls of wool which I found in a hobbycraft sale bin (it looked like someone had shaved a labrador and spun it to make the wool), Jules calls these her MUTTons. I am obliged to darn any holes once a year so she can keep wearing them!
yet again it's a patter from my head, I can't read knitting patterns so I don't use them, i just knit stuff how I think it should look and it generally turns out ok.

oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very

Millymollymandy

That is just so clever Mrs Flib! How you can do something like that without a pattern I don't know. :shock: I think a Self Suffish knitted hat would be easy peasy for you!

Chickenlady

I agree - you are so clever! I wish I could do stuff like that, all recycled too. You are also lucky to have someone who appreciates your home-made gifts - I would, but some members of my family are decidedly sniffy about such things.
Haste makes waste

mrsflibble

now, i fi could find a way to make money out of my talents we'd we well away lol!