Oh no not a dirty carrot

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
baldowrie
A selfsufficientish Regular

Oh no not a dirty carrot

I have just posted this on my blog but I thought I would give you lot a laugh

The children came home from school today and were practically banging their heads on the virtual brick wall, I had to stop the car when they told me about.

They had been talking about healthy eating and MLA had said the healthiest way to eat vegetables is to go and pick them and eat them immediately. His teacher then said

‘but that’s dirty, you have to wash them first’

MLA quickly pointed that’s what he meant and that buying from the supermarket wasn’t that healthy as the vegetables there are covered in chemicals. This immediately was jumped upon by his teacher with the immortal words, and I apologise to Tesco’s but I am sure that they will find this statement a little naive as well;

‘Well Tesco’s has fresh vegetables that are picked and put on the shelves the very morning they are picked. They have no chemicals on or in them and are clean’

‘They are much healthier that picking ones from your own garden!’

There are times in ones life when you just have to shake your head in utter despair!

Magpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

That is kinda funny in a scary way...

My 18 Yo niece thinks tha same way, won't eat anything out of her Mum's organic garden, as it's all dirty. She knows about the chemicals on supermarket produce, but thinks it's a good thing, as it makes the food cleaner. :shock:

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yikes :shock:

That is really serious miseducation... I wonder if you can complain. Not only is she mocking your son (who is perfectly right) but that is a whole class of other kids who will grow up thinking the wrong thing.

I once knew a 30 year old who thought that in his primary school they had bought eggs from the supermarket and hatched them in an incubator. I am sure there was some 5 year old's misunderstanding, but he never ate eggs because of it. That is serious miseducation, affecting a grown man's diet.

I despair :roll:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

baldowrie

you despair.........I have a headache :lol:

No point in complaining as she won't see she is wrong and believes I am 'being nasty' to her

But my children know the truth

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

scary - what other wierd things are they going to teach the poor children -

'tis nice to know however that the teacher in our family (a nephewwho teaches year 2/3) won't be doing that, as he was brought up on veggies from his Dad's allotment and garden
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Welsh Girls Allotment
Living the good life
Living the good life

I remember a story my Dad told about a woman who he had the misfortune to work with, she wouldn't eat cucumber fom FIL's greenhouse because they didn't have plastic on them and 'things' could have crawled on them :shock:

Fortunatley my daughters teacher's husband has an allotment so there is sense - my daughter told one of her friends eating cheese strings 'that's crap food - why don't you have some real cheese?

and she's only 4 :cheers:

Its frightening that we send them to school to learn but their heads are filled with crap - luckily your kids know better - but think about the poor souls who lap it all up :?

baldowrie

Its frightening that we send them to school to learn but their heads are filled with crap
Like teaching the kiddies that Buddhism is a religion when even Buddhist say it is not and they don't worship or believe in a god unless they actually see them

Oh well only 6 mths to go before they leave

hamster

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
They're not weeds - that's a habitat for wildlife, don't you know?

http://sproutingbroccoli.wordpress.com

baldowrie

and Santa Claus is Scottish!

Chickenlady

Magpie wrote:That is kinda funny in a scary way...

My 18 Yo niece thinks tha same way, won't eat anything out of her Mum's organic garden, as it's all dirty. She knows about the chemicals on supermarket produce, but thinks it's a good thing, as it makes the food cleaner. :shock:
My 15 year old daughter's bit of teenage rebellion is to make a point of preferring food that is processed rather than home made or grown, and to insist I buy her Herbal Essences shampoo as the natural ones I buy apparently make her head itch because she is used to the chemicals!

She went through a stage of being a proper chav too, but thankfully that phase has passed. I am seriously hoping she will grow out of the rest of it!
Haste makes waste

hamster

I went through a phase a bit like that too at around the same age. I've grown out of it and rebounded a long way the other way....
They're not weeds - that's a habitat for wildlife, don't you know?

http://sproutingbroccoli.wordpress.com

Shirley

baldowrie wrote:you despair.........I have a headache :lol:

No point in complaining as she won't see she is wrong and believes I am 'being nasty' to her

Can't you complain to a higher authority. This really is dreadful and she shouldn't be preaching this sort of mis-information.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Silver Ether

I think school should be banned ... I thought so while I was at school and have been a firm believer ever since ... I have seen school ruin so many bright and happy children that I darn't dwell on or I would be depressed all the time... :(

baldowrie

Shirlz wrote:
baldowrie wrote:you despair.........I have a headache :lol:

Can't you complain to a higher authority. This really is dreadful and she shouldn't be preaching this sort of mis-information.
Already have but each time they collude and back track on this and other things and blame me for not supporting the school and inferring I have bad parenting skills. But I am not going to support anyone who gives the wrong information across or treats my children badly. For instance I was told that as a good parent I should 'tell' my son he must pray and go into the church at Christmas. Firstly try telling an autistic children to do something they really don't want to do and you get an almighty rage session and the dislike increases (hence the reason for him now being totally anti religious), secondly he has the right to be atheist. I have also seen my MSP regarding his additional support needs, or lack of them and things I have battled for years for are suddenly in the last week happened.......but not enough, just the bare minimum to keep him sweet.

Oh and here's the classic...all English schools are highly religious......I was told this as part of the Educational Services defence regarding forcing my lad to go into a church :roll: WRONG!

Is it any wonder I have little respect for his teachers

theabsinthefairy

I thought I would share this with you, it's not so much a miseducation from the school side, but ... anyway...

We moved to France last December, and this year, my daughter who is 11 and at the local school has managed to find her way through the language barriers and fitted in reasonably well with her French peers.

At the same school are two other english girls, aged 10 and 8.

My daughter was never brought up to think that Santa bought you hugely expensive and unrealistic gifts - otherwise we would have been in debt every year. She had a gift from Santa when she was younger, but on St Nicholas day (as per most Catholic European children) and it was usually a treat - i.e chocolate or sweeties. (Sorry getting long winded now)

Her French peers now are the same, and do not expect huge gifts from Santa and instead have a small pressie from St Nicholas.

The mother of the other two enlish girls has haranged my daughter for telling her two that Santa does not exist (kids do talk afterall -my daughter was not saying it to be mean, but in response when she was asked what Santa was going to bring her this year - from the UK! - 'cos Santa shops in T***o and M&S apparently), and has been heard telling her daughters quite loudly that all the kids in school are wrong and that Santa definitely does exist and they will be getting lovely pressies from him for Christmas, and the all the other poor kiddies don't believe so they obviously won't getting anything nice.

Those French mums that understand some English were stood around looking very bemused.