Reconstructed clothing

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
funkypixie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Reconstructed clothing

I don't know what I do to my jeans, but I always wear through the right knee (always the right!) in less then three months flat. :roll: Anyway, I had a bit of a brainstorm earlier and turned a pair of jeans and scraps from a dress I wore to a wedding back in 1995 into a rather funky skirt!

I'm quite proud of it, even if I do say so myself. :oops: And it fits perfectly. I reckon I've got at least 3 more pairs lurking at the back of the wardrobe I can reconstruct. And I've started looking at DH's old shirts and wondering whether I can do something with them too???

Anyone else done anything similar?
Just when you think you're in it up to your neck & it can't get any worse, something craps on your head.

red
A selfsufficientish Regular

post a picture?

mostly I seem to save material for all these wonderful things and that is as far as I get - always dreaming though..
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Shirley

red wrote:post a picture?

Oh yes - please do!!!!!
mostly I seem to save material for all these wonderful things and that is as far as I get - always dreaming though..
....and don't I know THAT feeling!!
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Use the rest of the legs to make patchwork! I'm in the middle of a patchwork quilt at the moment made of jeans and cords.

I love clothes reconstruction - making something good out of something ordinary!

Please post pics - i'd love to see your skirt! I'm thinking of making one with a pair of cords that i'd gone through the thigh (thunder thighs - they rub together and wear away the material :oops:), so i#d like to see how you got yours together.

Also - you can save the waistband and flies of jeans and attach them to patchwork layers to make a gypsy skirt with a proper waitband. I've got the top of a pair of cords to do this with when i get the chance!!

You've got me feeling all creative now. might get the sewing machine out when i get home tonight!

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

the.fee.fairy wrote:(thunder thighs - they rub together and wear away the material :oops:),
Wasn't that a movie starring Mel gibson and Tina Turner?

Nev :mrgreen:
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

funkypixie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Pics will follow - as soon as I can wrest the camera from DH for long enough :roll:
Just when you think you're in it up to your neck & it can't get any worse, something craps on your head.