Spell checker

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
Selby
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Spell checker

The spellchecking imp is playing games.

It keeps opening the website.

Can you smack its bottom and ask it to stick to spells?

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Hi Selby

Not sure why it's playing up - but thanks for pointing it out.. Andyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? LOL
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Martin

it's one of the things I'd have liked to have been able to fix - it needs a rather complex "mod" done to make it work, so unfortunately, it was decided to leave it until a better way of doing it comes along! In the meantime, I'm sure we can live with the odd bit of missspelling! :wink:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Shirley

but mertin

nobdy every make spiling miotsels her!? LOL
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Martin

hurdly evver! :geek:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

On teh lsit of thangs to do, so wlil get sotred in the nwe yera.

If there is any other features that you have seen on other forums that you think will benefit here then tell me about it here and I will see what we can do.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Shirley

One forum that I use has the ability to upload photos without having to put them onto photobucket etc.... that makes it so much easier to do and might encourage more people to post their pix.
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Camile
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hello,

For the spell checker, if you download and install Firefox 2.0, it integrates an automatic spell checker that highlights your mistakes as you type !

and it's great !

Camile (see, no spelling mistakes anymore in my posts) !

pskipper
Living the good life
Living the good life

One forum I'm on lets you move to the previous/next message without going back to the list.

Pilsbury
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

another forum has a view latest posts button at the bottom of every forum page so once i finish a topic i can just skip straight back to the new list rather having to go to the forum index and click on view new posts every time
Never trust a skinny chef
www.handmademeat.co.uk

Pilsbury
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

pskipper wrote:One forum I'm on lets you move to the previous/next message without going back to the list.

errm top of the page right hand side i think :oops: sorry
Never trust a skinny chef
www.handmademeat.co.uk

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Pilsbury wrote:another forum has a view latest posts button at the bottom of every forum page so once i finish a topic i can just skip straight back to the new list rather having to go to the forum index and click on view new posts every time
Not sure if this works with all browsers (or all mice), but I open the 'View Latest Posts' page, and then middle click on all the Image next to the threads I want to read.

On Firefox, this opens each message in a new tab in the backgound, so that after I've finished middle-clicking I have a selection of new browser windows to read through. That way, you only need to visit the 'View Latest Posts' page once.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Shirley

That's a great tip Stew!!

I have downloaded firefox recently so will give that a go.

I find sometimes that I miss posts using the latest posts thing though - sometimes for no apparent reason, it tells me there are no new posts, but yet I know there are!! Every so often I have a flick through to find the ones I've missed.
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Shirley

Just tried on firefox but it doesn't work for me. I've got a mouse with a wheel as the middle button and it just gives me the option of zooming in :(

Right click and open in new tab would work though.
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Shirlz wrote:Just tried on firefox but it doesn't work for me.
You may need the TabBrowser extension.

It gives you lots of options about where and how different tabs open (IIRC, there is a preference that gives you the option of changing mouse button behavior).

Having said that, I'm currently using a version of Firefox without any extensions at all on it at all yet, and it works OK. Not the latest version, mind.
Shirlz wrote:I find sometimes that I miss posts using the latest posts thing though - sometimes for no apparent reason, it tells me there are no new posts, but yet I know there are!! Every so often I have a flick through to find the ones I've missed.
Strangely, I have exactly the opposite problem - it will sometimes tell me I have unread posts that I have seen already.
Stew

Ignorance is essential