Hello

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Firefly
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello

Just thought I'd introduce myself - I'm 38, a mum of two, greenish, new even to most basic gardening as have just got my first house with garden (as an adult) and there's nothing in it at all at the moment (a few garlic cloves are going into a pot this weekend, I hope, as a start). So I'm a total newbie to that side of things, and not all that ambitious (don't want to crash and burn!), but keen to try a few different things. I'm obviously not quite so new to other domestic things (should hope not at my age!), and am greenish as I say, but could do a lot more, and I'm nothing like as selfsufficientish as I'd like to be. Also a mum of two I haven't got much time, but I'm looking forward to getting lots of ideas and hints and tips from here :study: :flower:.
Firefly :study:

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Hi Firefly

:welcomeish:

I think you are wise to try a few things at a time...

Looking forward to getting to know you :mrgreen:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

The Chili Monster

"Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends." ~Author Unknown

Support Team "Trim Taut & Terrific"

gunners71uk

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Being selfsufficientish is not about trying to do it all on your own, sounds like you are selfsufficientish really. Good to see that you are making your first steps, we are all here to help. Welcome
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Millymollymandy

Hello and welcome!

Merry

Welcome - you`ll like this forum. People are really friendly and the `ish` part of it means that you don`t get sneered at for not being John Seymour straight away! :lol:

islanz
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Welcome from another newie!

I have been pretty much a self sufficientish since growing up but consequently some people have thought me a bit weird! so its great to hear from people with similiar ideas!

If everyone does something small (and everyone can) it will make a huge difference to the planet, not to mention your well being individually.

paradox
Living the good life
Living the good life

Welcome

Welsh Girls Allotment
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hello from freezing Wales

Christine
Living the good life
Living the good life

I like your name, Firefly, and wish I'd thought of something more imaginative than my own when I joined!
Everyone is very helpful here and don't sneer at all at us newbies who are excited at getting anything edible out of the soil!

Firefly
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Thanks for the welcome everyone :) (and thanks for the links Dave, will check them out).

Christine, Firefly isn't that imaginative a name really! It's just a name I've used before (so I do think of it as mine and feel like it's as much 'me' as my real name, iykwim) - I don't always use my real name on boards just for privacy reasons, really.

I'm hoping with the veg etc. to get at least as good at growing tomatoes and runner beans as my dad is (he can advise!) and also I'd like to try a lot more new things on a small scale with kids helping. But the garlic still hasn't happened yet - v. busy life with a new baby atm!
Firefly :study: