Goede avond vanuit Nederland.

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
TheOnlyRogueAngel
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Goede avond vanuit Nederland.

Good evening from the Netherlands. I'm the newest newbie. :wave: My name's Lexi and I'm originally from Dorset, UK but have lived in Limburg, Netherlands with my Dutch partner for the past seven years. I'm a divorcee with two grown sons, and up until seven years ago I used to chuck frozen chips and chicken nuggets in the oven, or make bolognese from frozen mince and a jar of sauce from the shop. My boys were such fussy eaters that anything made with fresh ingredients was met with suspicion and disgusted looks, and if they spied even a hint of a vegetable, it was met with blank refusal.

When I moved to the Netherlands, I made everything from scratch. Fresh meat, fresh vegetables, home made sauces and spices became a daily staple in our home, and I discovered a great sense of achievement I never thought I'd ever have. I use my partner as my guinea pig, and have taught my sons to cook... properly. :cheers: I'm still learning, and learning from my mistakes. :santa:
TheOnlyRogueAngel

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Goede avond vanuit Nederland.

Hi there and welcome to our forum. :wave:
In my opinion there is absolutely nothing to beat home cooking from fresh ingredients. To start with you know exactly what went into every meal, and if you feel yourself thinking that it's all too much trouble, just read the ingredients on that ready meal and see how many you recognise.
But then I'm probably preaching to the converted. :wink:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

:mrgreen:
Ah the story of picky children. We have many laughs with my two grown up ones - the one who only ate chocolate flavoured when tiny is now firmly in the lots of vegetable camp while the one who ate up the vegetables now eats the chocolates. We parents survive.
:mrgreen:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Hi Lexi and welcome to Ish :wave:
TheOnlyRogueAngel wrote:I'm still learning, and learning from my mistakes.
As are we all, honey. Daily :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

TheOnlyRogueAngel
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Flo wrote::mrgreen:
Ah the story of picky children. We have many laughs with my two grown up ones - the one who only ate chocolate flavoured when tiny is now firmly in the lots of vegetable camp while the one who ate up the vegetables now eats the chocolates.:mrgreen:
I wish it was that way with mine. My youngest has ADHD, and refuses to adhere to a healthy diet, at 21 his staple diet consists of Monster energy drink, apple pies, and as much sweet junk food as possible, despite my concerns and warnings. My eldest eats once a day, only healthy foods. He doesn't like chocolate, cake or anything too sugary.. I often wonder who that stranger is, and what happened to my son.? :iconbiggrin:
TheOnlyRogueAngel