What are you up to today?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Puddleduck
Tom Good
Tom Good

What are you up to today?

What's everyone up to then? My plan for today was to get outside and sort out the raised beds and scrub out the greenhouse. Instead I'm sitting in the cosy warm, watching the snow come down in droves while the baby naps, and waiting for the school to call to say they're closing and can I pick up the eldest. If it keeps coming down the way it is, hubby might even be sent home from work! Not seen snow like this for a few years! Going to dig the sledge out later!

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: What are you up to today?

Where are you Puddleduck?

We have sleet in places but nothing fearsome. I've done the basic shopping for the week which wasn't much. Am debating what to do next as I've caught up with myself though I could take a walk to the allotment for some brussels and parsnips.

littlemissrose
Tom Good
Tom Good

I had great house cleaning plans today but a migrain kept me on the couch today. :( will be glad when it's over tomorrow...
My blog: https://thelifeofalittlerose.wordpress.com
My dutch blog: https://hetlevenvaneenroosje.wordpress.com has the same content bu is updated sooner.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

We managed our first walk down to the beach for a fortnight! It was absolutely glorious, sun shining, a dust of snow on the mountains and no tourists. Bliss. :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

Your post prompted me to get off my backside and actually do some of what I planned to do today. It was beautifully sunny here, but very cold, so I was putting off going outside. I did pop out to fetch something from the greenhouse, but couldn't get in because the door was frozen shut. I did go out, though, and did some tidying up. I cut down a leylandii hedge a while ago, and it's mostly still sitting around being messy, so I'm slowly working my way through it, cutting the thin branches off, which I'm heaping up where the hedge was and using to trap dead leaves, then adding 'liquid gold'. I'm hoping that the low-nutrient stuff will act like a sponge and hold the nutrients from the urine to feed my new hedge, most of which is currently in the form of seeds.

This all goes towards cleaning the greenhouse, because when I've tidied up the dead leylandii, that'll make space for a new woodstore, and when I've made that I can put the very wet wood in it that's currently in the greenhouse (not drying at all, but I didn't have anywhere better to put it), then I can clean the greenhouse. Little by little, I'll get there in the end. With luck, it'll be in time for this season's planting!
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

sleepyowl

job hunted, watched a bit of telly, researched a bit more about weddings & doing some food shopping later, yay my life is rock & roll. No snow here we had quite a beautiful hoar frost this morning though
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

The place is iced up here, so glad I have my yak trax or I wouldn't have been able to get outside and feed the animals without falling over. Went into my potting shed to maybe sow the sweet pea seeds I got this morning, but all my potting compost is frozen solid. It is too cold to be outside so I have been inside, chatting to people on fb, ironing curtains for the caravan we just bought to put wwoofers up in this year and cleaning all the upholstery cushions for it as well. I can't see any let up in this for a while.

ina

Yesterday morning the roads were icy... Well, the roads weren't too bad, but the footpaths were, as usual. (If they get gritted at all, they get done once everybody's away to work or school.) So I slip-slided to the shop, worked until 1 (not very busy - not many people go out for shopping unless it's absolutely necessary on these footpaths, particularly since most of our customers are elderly). Still plenty to do, as we are getting the year-end accounts ready. Caught the bus at quarter past one to Dundee - yesterday I officially returned to uni, part time... Really funny (awkward-funny, not happy-funny), sitting there with a bunch of kids far less than half my age. Lecturers tend to be younger than me, too. But I survived.
And today? Road condition as before, as my trip to the compost heap showed. So another slip-slide to the shop, and hopefully we'll get the accounts done today...
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)