Winter veg suprise box

This is the place to discuss not just allotments but all general gardening problems and queries which don't fit into the specific categories below.
(formerly allotments and tips, hints and problems)
Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

Winter veg suprise box

I had ordered ages ago a box of mixed winter veg plants and sets for planting at lotty .
They were supposed to come sept / October . I had forgotton all about them until the weekend.
I chased them up and my order had got missed .
It I is been delivered tomorow .
It's typical I have missed the nice weather and am going away for a few days on Thursday.
I just hope I can get them in tomorrow too. I hope it is a sensible mix and they throw a few extras in for missing me. Lots of garlic and broad beans would be nice. The beds are ready for them.
I ordered them as a back up when I was having a few medical problems and I needed something to show my lotty was been used.
My Blood pressure was mega high which explains why I was feeling so grotty and heavy headed every time I bent over to put stuff in,
BP under control now . Got a new lease of life full of energy and vigor.
Off for a busy day planting tomorow and a bonfire if it stays dry ( nov 5th and all that)
Happy bonfire day folks.

ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Winter veg suprise box

With the weather being as mild as it has been, you might actually be better off planting later rather than early! And I hope there'll be plenty of garlic, too - it's good for lowering blood pressure... :) All the best for your health, too.

I'll be getting my shed next week - at long last, hooray! And after that I'll get busy planting, and I am planning another raised bed. All that can only happen once the shed is in place.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Flo

Tell me when gardeners have a holiday? I've even seen the blokes sent down the plot on Christmas day for stuff for lunch!

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

I suppose late autumn or early winter. Other than that rope in some gardening cover to do basic essentials whilst on holiday.

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Right suns out cold but bright . Off to do some planting.
Good mixture to see me through the hungry gap ( hopefully not too late to put them in.
Garlic , mixed onions , leeks and lots of assorted brassicas and winter salads.
Hope I have enough cloches.

happyhippy

Can I ask please where you got your winter veg surprise box from?I'm always looking for new ideas for my lottie!