Pocket knives

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
Skippy
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Pocket knives

Opps sorry, in my defence I don't buy or subscribe to the Mail it was just a link I had read on another forum that fitted in with this thread.

boboff
A selfsufficientish Regular

No need for sorry.

Its just that I find the paper horrible. It propagates opinion as fact, half truths and urban legends as popularity propaganda and is singularly responsible for the ill informed opinions of the masses.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

CJay
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I don't remember a time when I didn't carry a pocket knife. Its something I use probably a hundred times a day.

Now I carry a benchmark assisted opening knife. But the laws here are very different and I have my CWP. So the type of knife I carry really doesn't matter much.

ina

When I was a teenager, I always carried a knife. No laws against it back then - and I just felt safer with that when I went out at night! Mind you, came in handy for cutting bread and cheese and all sorts of other things, too...

These days I still always have a pocket knife with me. A tiny one for work (in a shop, where it is useful for opening parcels, cutting paper in half etc), and a Swiss army knife or similar for other times. The very best I have is an old one of my fathers... Probably more than 50 or 60 years old, and still sharper than any others - they don't make them like that any more!
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Skippy
Living the good life
Living the good life

This subject came up a short while ago whilst having a pint with some friends. We go to our local some Sunday nights and another group in there we have nicknamed "the picnic club" because they bring in their own food. This has also spread to other groups although not us as yet and on Sunday evenings the carrier bags of food appear. Along with the food there is cutlery, knives are common to cut cheeses , spread pates and slice up pies . While I think in the context of what they are being used for it's unlikely anyone would ever get arrested but it is still a fact that people are taking fixed blade knives to a pub.

Ps
Sorry for not posting for some time , I just seem to run out of time recently.

Brewtrog
Living the good life
Living the good life

I suppose in that instance it's the same as any tool / potentially offensive weapon, if you have a valid reason to have it then it's OK. I know a fisherman who carries a priest (lead weighted wooden club) which would definitely be an offensive weapon and him going equipped if it weren't for the fact he had a legitimate reason to carry it