Hello from jersey

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Ladyfosse
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello from jersey

Hi everyone, I'm Kirsty, I'm 24 and reside in jersey, Channel Islands.

Me and my husband have always been keen gardeners, foragers etc and this year started brewing our own wine. I have also just finished my first batch of elderflower cordial.

Hubby hunts as pest control and any rabbit, pigeon and pheasant he shoots we eat. We use the rabbit skin also to make gloves for the winter.

I'd like to start making and foraging a bit more but don't really know what I'm looking for or what I can do!

Anyone in my neck of the woods?

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from jersey

Hi, welcome to Ish. You've done quite a lot for 24, well done. There are foraging books about, if you click on the Ish Icon above, it takes you to a different page, the Hamilton bros have written books on foraging etc, there is also a very old book called Food for Free which was the one old people like me started on
:wave:

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

diggernotdreamer wrote:Hi, welcome to Ish. You've done quite a lot for 24, well done. There are foraging books about, if you click on the Ish Icon above, it takes you to a different page, the Hamilton bros have written books on foraging etc, there is also a very old book called Food for Free which was the one old people like me started on
:wave:
They 'ad books when you were a young'un? Bloody luxury! When I were a lad, we used to ave to go ... .... ... ... ... ...
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Bonniegirl
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Hello :wave: We honeymooned there nearly 25 years ago, I loved the place :D
The Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young!