Feeling more connected

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
sleepyowl
A selfsufficientish Regular

Feeling more connected

This year I have felt more connected with the wheel of the year, perhaps it has been because I have been more active & more available to grow stuff, which in turn has actually made summer easier for me as it when my PTSD related depression usually rears it's ugly head, but have less of it this year. But this year more than ever has spanned from the planting of seeds, planting out seedlings, growing, harvesting, preserving & soon wrapping up stuff in Christmas/Yule hampers. There has also been my increase of baking bread, making pasta & discovering that I like fruit crumble & learning how to make them & other seasonal crafts. There is also the point as well that this year I have been able to look out the window & see Wychbury Hill & the Clent Hills from my back window, making it feel like I'm in the country without actually being in it, but it is a good feeling.
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

Chaldeonmenthe
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: Feeling more connected

Glad you are getting balance in your life sleepyowl, sounds like being connected to the seasonal rhythms is really helping your health. The trigger for me was keeping bees, as I started to look carefully for what is flowering and when which I had never really noticed before. In the last 12 months I know more about the local landscape than I have consciousally noticed in the last ten years! Being more connected feels really good, hey.

clare
Living the good life
Living the good life

I firmly believe that the simple life is the key to a happy life,all the complicatiions of today's world is the root of a lot of people's problems.the pressures of the modern world are so heavy but when you just enjoy baking,sewing,gardening or just simple reading in front of a fire are far more relaxing and rewarding.
Grow it,make it ,eat it, drink it and sleep well!

bonniethomas06

That's good news Sleepyowl, I am quite the opposite unfortunately this year and have been thinking how much I need to get back to it - have spent most of the year in a centrally heated house in the middle of an estate studying, to my huge shame most of my food (a tiny bit came from the allotment) has come from a supermarket (bad habits - not going to make excuses, it is just a general lack of effort) and I have never felt more disconnected. Glum that I have missed most of the hedgerow goodies too. I am never happy though - living in a freezing cold cottage in the middle of the countryside wore me out!

Going to redouble my efforts to connect more from now on - starting with all of the River Cottage series on DVD! It always does the trick. In a silly way, it feels a bit pointless being alive if you are disconnected from well...life!
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com