What are you havesting

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
garye
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: What are you havesting

Have been taking tatties, carrots and brocolli since June...Tomatoes for a couple of weeks some courgettes....am on to last of the strawbs. Blackcurrants and red currants didn't really happen. Caulis, sprouts, leeks and Turnip still to come

phil55494
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Small round courgettes, medium round courgettes, large round courgettes. Perhaps we should have removed all fruit before going away for a week.
Peas is the other thing right now. Purple podded peas and more usual green podded ones from a tall variety.

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

more and more green gages
running out of ideas what to do twith them
Darn that Wabbit

demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Fruit: peaches, plums, necterines, early pears, mullberrys, and the early apples are almost ready. Also forridging brambles and slows for jam from the hedgerows.
The cherries, sour cherries, strawberries, raspberries and apricots are all done but i have lots of jams and frozen fruit in the freezer from them.

Veg: various varieties of tomatoes, peppers, chillies, big white beans ( local variety, not sure what they're called ), sweet corn, cucumbers, various herbs, potatoes, onions, leeks, garlic, aubergines almost ready too. I had french beans, mongetout and sugar snap peas but the dog got in after a cat which ran up the mullberry tree and she jumped all over them and distroyed them! I planted more carrots where they had been as our first carrots failed, and i just had to bring the dog in this morning because she'd chased anotherf cat ( probably the same one ) up the same tree and jumped all over the crops again! There was some more beans came up along with the carrots that mustn't have germanated the first time too and shes squashed them all again!!!!! Bloody dog!!!!
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Pach
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, chillis, onions, okra, far too many courgettes, some strange courgette/pumpkin things, plums, apricots, peaches, mullberries, various herbs. Last of beetroot/beans. Also purslane (I used to pull this up when weeding). Heat wave seems to have killed off corn and cucumber, these need a LOT of water, I think. and my basil hasn't grown at all, I don't why, was fine last year.

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

surprizeinly
still spinage and black kale
Darn that Wabbit

Annemieke
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: N 51°
longitude: W 3°

Kale, spinach, cabbages, no carrots this year :-( , brussels', beet, leeks and my favourite: black radish. Lovely with sandwiches and does wonders for my digestion!
Love, Annemieke Wigmore, Somerset UK: http://thoughtforfood-aw.blogspot.com
Grow no evil, cook no evil, eat no evil!
And if you are interested in food and/or health, have a look at my website:
http://ThoughtforFood-aw.blogspot.com.
Love, Annemieke

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

PSB, Cauliflower, Sprouts, Spring Cabbage, Carrots, Leeks, Lettuce, Spring Onions, Tomatoes, Beetroot, Mange Tout Peas, last few Celeriac and various Spring Greens (sprout tops, savoy cabbage shoots and turnip greens).
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Annemieke
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: What are you harvesting

Tomatoes? Mangetout? Is Ireland that warm?
Annemieke Wigmore, Somerset UK: http://thoughtforfood-aw.blogspot.com
Grow no evil, cook no evil, eat no evil!
And if you are interested in food and/or health, have a look at my website:
http://ThoughtforFood-aw.blogspot.com.
Love, Annemieke

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

His micro climate Ireland is, much cooler here in the Northwest of Ireland where we all wear very thick Bridget Jones style knickers and permanently wear woolly hats 1. for the cold and the wind 2. when the sun comes out the midges eat you alive, ah come on now, don't tell me you haven't heard of his famous year round tomatoes ........... :lol:

Millymollymandy

He has a microclimate and an enormous polytunnel, a large greenhouse and a conservatory/sunroom where he grows year round tomatoes. :iconbiggrin:

I'm harvesting this:

I also have loads of leeks but they are not very big, and beetroot, rocket, chinese leaves and spring onions still growing outside.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Beautiful Broccoli! :)

All we've got just now is garlic. Don't have a poly tunnel yet, it's on the to do list for this year so hopefully next winter we will have winter crops. It's snowing again today.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Millymollymandy wrote:He has a microclimate and an enormous polytunnel, a large greenhouse and a conservatory/sunroom where he grows year round tomatoes.
diggernotdreamer wrote:don't tell me you haven't heard of his famous year round tomatoes ...........
Not just me it seems.
I had a look at two huge commercial grade polytunnels today that I had been offered free if I take them away, unfortunately they are far too big. They are several miles inland where they have frosts (none here yet this winter) and the tunnels have been out of use for a year or so, but on the floor were 2 self sown tomato plants flourishing with a good pound of fruit on each at all stages from green to fully ripe.
So it's no big deal having ripe tomatoes in February. :lol:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

A physalis - yes honestly! First one of the year last week - was ripening during the snow. Size of a marble but perfectly ripe. In an unheated conservatory.

Zoe

Annemieke
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

The first rhubarb. It will go to Chris at the other side of the village, in exchange for eggs!
Annemieke Wigmore, Somerset UK: http://thoughtforfood-aw.blogspot.com