weight loss 2013

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
The Riff-Raff Element
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: weight loss 2013

Be assured that I'm not flouncing and I am without hump. I'm just a bit concerned about possibly encouraging damaging behaviour. I think the 5:2 approach is a damn good one (79,9kg & descending :mrgreen: and feeling zippy), but I'm ashamed to admit that I hadn't considered the possible pitfalls.

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Please don't stop posting because of me, that certainly wasn't my intentions. And thank you everyone for you're concerns, i don't speak to other people so openly about my eating issues but feel i can here because i don't actually know any of you in real life. :iconbiggrin:
There is no way i can live without my scales though. I have become more relaxed about other things like counting calories but if i can't check my weight i feel completely out of control. I didn't have working scales for a few months and my weight shot right up because there was nothing to tell me how what i was eating was effecting me. Scales are more accurate as well. Clothes stretch out after you've been wearing them for a while so thats not such a good way to keep track, also i don't trust just looking in the mirror because the mirrors can bend like the ones at the carnivals and make you seem fatter or thinner than you actually are. And the same thing happens when you take pictures of yourself, the camera is supposed to add 10lbs FACT :shock: ( that was supposed to be sarcastic ) but the pictures are wide screen or whatever so it alters the real image. So i need my scales and can't give them up. No scales = weight gain.

I am regretting buying that book now though. :( but i guess it was only a fiver, well just over. I don't usually buy into fad diets. Only diet book iv ever bought is the Paul Makenna one 'I can make you thin' he never made me thin though, only speed made me thin. :lol:

Anyway, thanks guys for you're concerns :grouphug: I assure you i'm alright and you can continue dieting and talking about it however you like. I'm a big girl and i make my own decisions and if i really wanted to F**k myself up more i'd just go on those pro ana forums and talk to all the school girls about how much i hate myself and how im going end it all because no one notices me. Thats probably not something to make jokes about but everything can seem so dramatic to a teenager it's border line amusing, and very worrying at the same time. But i don't want to make myself worse, im really sick of it and would love to get rid of the constant battle in my head over food, it's very tiring as it's been going on for well over 10 years now and if i could get rid of it completely i would. Thats why i was seeing the psychologist, i don't want to think like this in my head, i just want to no have to think about food, eat normally and maintain a healthy weight and be happy with myself and not constantly self conscious about all my lumpy bits. It's shallow i know, but when i feel good about myself it makes me happy and confident and thats how i want to feel all the time. Sometimes if im not feeling good if we have to go out with friends or whatever, i'll take ages trying on different clothes and not find anything that looks good and it effects me to the point where i will refuse to go out. It really frustrates me especially because i'll have an outfit that i like the most and i'v felt good in before but at the time i think it looks terrible and i just can't fit it with anything else to make it acceptable.

Ah, im babbling. I'll stop now. Thanks again though people, and i appreciate your concern.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

oldjerry

Mrs Moustoir wrote:I agree and hope you haven't "flounced. Even the bolshy grumps are nice and apologise for being bolshy and grumpy :wink:

That does it......I'm flouncing...

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Does that mean you're turning curly at the edges OJ? :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

put 2 kgs back on over the last few months but not sure if it just my
dairy intrance playing up as very blotted all the time need to go talk sence into doctor to send me to food doctor
sure its more than dairy that i become introlante to
Darn that Wabbit

Flo

Yes the last month hasn't been good weight wise either. Too much carbohydrate - cold weather and filling up with stodge. But writing everything down, it's easy to spot the bad habits creeping back in. At least the cream teas and extensive chocolate eating of a year ago are out of the way. Next step is to get back on the road with a bit more exercise again and to cure one more bad eating habit. Despite being mostly vegan, I have been visiting Pizza Hut too often. See the back of those visits and the next 2 stone should disappear again over the coming months.

boboff

Hmm started the 5:2 today.

18st 7lb, POOR KEY!!!

Reading the book on Kindle, drinking coffee.

Hungry.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Mrs Moustoir
Living the good life
Living the good life

I haven't been weighing myself lately but still doing 5:2. Fallen off the weight loss wagon a bit as Jan/Feb are birthday months for me and the children - so lots of parties, cake and eating out.

Weighed myself this morning - 75kg. 3kg lost in a month. Am very pleased :)

boboff

2nd Fast day today.

Not eaten since 6 last night and it's not too bad, done a couple of hours gardening.

Reading the Horizon blokes book now. It does seem very good plan, we shall see.

Riff Raff, how you doing mate?
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.

The Riff-Raff Element

What-ho Boboff! Doing very well, thanks. The fast days get easier as time goes on - it helps knowing that there will be a decent breakfast at the end. Down to 77.4kg now, so 11.1kg lost and only 2.5kg to go.

boboff

High Five!

Excellent stuff.

How do you fast as a matter of interest? i.e. 1 meal, two etc, what times do you stop start etc, do you calorie count at all on Feast days?

The Riff-Raff Element

Just one meal of 600 kcal in the evening, so I start the fast after dinner on day 1 and continue through to breakfast of day 3. What have you done?

I don't count calories on feast days, just eat as I would normally. That said, I've stopped drinking alcohol Monday to Thursday, so four nights off, and I think that's making a difference.

oldjerry

I'm convinced,well done Jon.....Not sure I can go 4 days without a drink though.

boboff

Well Jon, what you said is what I think I will be doing.

I did the fast for 6pm to 7pm and then had about 400 calories, which was ok, as you said you can't really have a drink the day before or the day of the fast so the 4 days off the beer was the same for me. Had some last night, now wish I hadn't! Must learn moderation!

It's only been 5 days and 2 fasts and I admit I am skeptical as it just doesn't feel like a diet.

I counted my calories yesterday and it was over 4000!!! (half liquid!)

Oh well at least I know where to look if I want to loose weight!

The Riff-Raff Element

It is a bit bizarre - as you say, it doesn't feel like a diet. Tonight I'm making great slabs of pizza and there's no shortage of wine. Plus I'll be watching the rugby with beer later on. And the weight still comes off :mrgreen: