Hot air distribution

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
Crickleymal
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hot air distribution

We've just had a wood burning stove put in and very good it is too. We're beginning to get the hang of economical combustion. However what we would like to do is to distribute some of the heat around the house. I remember seeing on INEBG that they installed some ducting that took the heat from near the ceiling and distributed it via a heat exchanger round the house. Trouble is I can't think what this system is called so I can't do a search for it. Anyone any ideas please?

The It's not easy being green website seems to have vanished and Newhouse Farm is up for sale so I can't search there either. :dontknow:
Malc

High in the sky, what do you see ?
Come down to Earth, a cup of tea
Flying saucer, flying teacup
From outer space, Flying Teapot

marshlander
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Hot air distribution

No much help as it's an au website but is this the kind of thing? http://www.homeefficiencygroup.com.au/D ... fault.aspx
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

He has a shop on www.ecoark.co.uk, also if you just google Dick Strawbridge, he has a website. You may be able to contact him via this, wonder why the inebg website just goes onto his house for sale site.

Crickleymal
Living the good life
Living the good life

marshlander wrote:No much help as it's an au website but is this the kind of thing? http://www.homeefficiencygroup.com.au/D ... fault.aspx
That's exactly what I was thinking of making. The one I saw on INEBG had a heat exchanger in the circuit. The only thing I was worried about was the possibility of sound from the lounge travelling along the tubing to the other rooms.
Malc

High in the sky, what do you see ?
Come down to Earth, a cup of tea
Flying saucer, flying teacup
From outer space, Flying Teapot

boboff

It is covered in the book Practical Self Sufficiency (p44) Dick & James Starwbridge

Simple Heat Exchanger in the Loft, with laged and fan vented inlet and outlet pipes.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/