How do i save the NHS money?

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
southeast-isher
A selfsufficientish Regular

How do i save the NHS money?

This guy knows a way...

http://youtu.be/OALACl3g0Rw

Skippy
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: How do i save the NHS money?

On another forum I use there was a thread all about smoking and its impact. In relation to its impact on the NHS one poster came up with some figures to show that the best option is for people to smoke and drink. The reason for this is simple. Smokers and drinkers will contribute more in taxes to fund the NHS than all those healthy people plus they will die earlier and not be a burden in later life whereas the healthy living 80 and 90+ year olds will require expensive care. There may be a sort of logic to the argument but in my case I'm going to stop firmly illogical and not take up the weed.

Pete

southeast-isher

Re: How do i save the NHS money?

Skippy wrote:On another forum I use there was a thread all about smoking and its impact. In relation to its impact on the NHS one poster came up with some figures to show that the best option is for people to smoke and drink. The reason for this is simple. Smokers and drinkers will contribute more in taxes to fund the NHS than all those healthy people plus they will die earlier and not be a burden in later life whereas the healthy living 80 and 90+ year olds will require expensive care. There may be a sort of logic to the argument but in my case I'm going to stop firmly illogical and not take up the weed.

Pete
I think this is true. I advise people to give up smoking if they can but for those that struggle and that enjoy it nonetheless i ask them to give Swedish snus a try.

The NHS wouldn't need to waste money on their silly smokefree campaign and nicotine products and on medical treatment if... people were happy buying their own snus.