rhubarb plants needed

Not the 1970s UK TV programme, but a free place for people to swap, give away or sell anything from seeds to tractors. Anything illegal or immoral will be deleted.
old tree man
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

rhubarb plants needed

Hi everyone as you can see i need rhubarb plants ,what i have to swap is a blackberry edge phone i never wanted a mobile and now i have decided to get rid and be really free, my son in law has wiped all the contacts and rubbish off it and it has a really good camera on it so if you are interested please pm me and i will get it off to you, i can also give you the charger if you need it. :thumbright: :flower: :flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: rhubarb plants needed

Shame that you live so far away Russ, I have several rhubarb plants, but now that I'm diabetic I can't eat any, well not without sugar anyway.
Good luck though.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

wulf

Slightly off topic for Russ but possibly of use for Odsox - look out for some Sweet Cicely (Myrrhis odorata). This is a brilliant little herb which (almost magically) roughly halves the amount of sugar you need with crops like rhubarb. Also, don't neglect uses for rhubarb that don't involve sugar - for example, you can roast it under a joint of meat, where it contributes to the juices that can then be used to make gravy.

Wulf
:read2: Read my blog and check out my music

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for that Wulf, I do now remember Sweet Cicely being mentioned on here before.
I am growing lots of Stevia this year, which I have high hopes for, but will have to wait for it to mature a bit longer.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

boboff

The seeds of Sweet Cicely need at least 5 months cold stratification...... and even then I have had 0% success on germination, still maybe this year!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

wulf

0%? Yes, that's about what I managed. I'm going to see how I do with seeds harvested from my own plant rather than ordered online.

Wulf
:read2: Read my blog and check out my music