"Can we talk" about

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Re: "Can we talk" about

whats wrong with hitchens and dawkins?
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

gregorach

Well, Hitchens was a alcoholic, sexist, racist, imperialist, warmongering arsehole, and Dawkins is a tedious, pompous old git afflicted with the zeal of the (de)converted. Realising that there is no god is hardly a dramatic insight. He reminds me of a small boy who's just just realised that he has a penis, thinks it's the most amazing thing in the world, and wants to show it to everybody.
Cheers

Dunc

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

I once attended a debate that had Richard Dawkins on one side and David Icke on the other (amongst others). David Icke came out of it looking rather good, by comparison.
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

gregorach wrote:Well, Hitchens was a alcoholic, sexist, racist, imperialist, warmongering arsehole, and Dawkins is a tedious, pompous old git afflicted with the zeal of the (de)converted. Realising that there is no god is hardly a dramatic insight. He reminds me of a small boy who's just just realised that he has a penis, thinks it's the most amazing thing in the world, and wants to show it to everybody.

ill give you hitchens as i dont actually know any of his work beyond this book, but dont diss dawkins! :lol:
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

boboff

*wanders in, and leaves quickly with an image of small boys discovering penis'........

Cheers Dunc!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

gregorach wrote:Well, Hitchens was a alcoholic, sexist, racist, imperialist, warmongering arsehole, and Dawkins is a tedious, pompous old git afflicted with the zeal of the (de)converted. Realising that there is no god is hardly a dramatic insight. He reminds me of a small boy who's just just realised that he has a penis, thinks it's the most amazing thing in the world, and wants to show it to everybody.
Probably the most accurate assessment I've seen.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

pelmetman

Frankly I find all religions a waste of time.......most have more blood on their hands than Hitler :shock:

I am only aware of one God.........."Tempus fugit".......and the bit between being born and snuffing it is the important bit :thumbright: ..........Its far to precious to waste on religion :wink:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

Susie

Zech wrote:I once attended a debate that had Richard Dawkins on one side and David Icke on the other (amongst others). David Icke came out of it looking rather good, by comparison.
There was someone really bizarre who was supposed to be one of the Illuminati Lizards. I can't remember who it was (strangely enough I'm not getting any sense from googling ;-) ). It was a singer. I hope it wasn't Rolf Harris O_O.
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Susie

Boxcar Willie!
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

oldjerry

I reckon that bloody Jessie J is one for sure.....she's taken over my 12yr olds life.

we were thinking of sending her for therapy,but maybeI'll go instead.

The Riff-Raff Element

oldjerry wrote:I reckon that bloody Jessie J is one for sure.....she's taken over my 12yr olds life.

we were thinking of sending her for therapy,but maybeI'll go instead.
Now you come to mention it, there is something about the eyes... And my 12 y/o is hooked too :shock: