Guest bloggers

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guest bloggers

Ok hands up who ever goes and looks at the front site? Did you even know there was a front site - http://www.selfsufficientish.com

Right, that’s one, two er two ok, right so just to of you and I see that one of them is my Mum too (thanks Mum). It's our fault really, not been updating as much as we could, have we? Well, we are trying to change that and have been out recruiting some guest bloggers. We are aiming to get a new article up every week at the moment covering a broad range of interesting selfsufficientish topics.

So watch this space or rather watch this space --- http://www.selfsufficientish.com
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Guest bloggers

I looked at the front page last week!

And whenever it was i came back to Ish...

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

I have been since I started blogging and put you in my blog list so I see the updates - have to say I didn't look that often at the main site before though, but then was too busy gabbing here .... :oops: :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Millymollymandy

Aha it's changed! I did wonder why you had fallen off my 'blogs I follow' list and wasn't there in Google reader, but I could see the update on my own blog where I've got you in my favourites on the side bar. Phew I did think I was going a bit mad earlier today, that's solved that one then. Now I have to refollow!

John Headstrong

the google friends connect thing was (IMHO) excellent, it grew a totally different community of readers of the blog, it gave loads of traffic to the main site, which I think helped the advert clicks. It was easy to install didn't use any resources.

but google in their infinite wisdom are axing it on non blogger sites. Very annoying ! they want us all to use the G+ thingy and the +1 thingMcBob, which just do not connect people up in the same way.

bah! humbug!

seasidegirl
Living the good life
Living the good life

Looks really nice. I left a comment on one post.

Do you post a link on Twitter when a new post is up? I get a few reads to my blog this way usually. I can't figure out how to follow the blog because I'm not on Google+ and don't know what +1 means.
All these platforms are so confusing.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm on google +.

It's the only western social networking site available here :(

Might be worth having Ish on there for stuff.

Millymollymandy

It is and nobody has found it except me and Keaniebean and it is very quiet there. :( I told my Ish 'friends' it was sitting there all folorn but no-one noticed, which shows how little anyone here uses Google+. I am using it now for photography sharing as it is completely different from facebook, once you realise that, but it takes a while to figure it out. It is much more for public viewing and sharing than fb and I'm now chatting with total strangers whereas my real friends don't say much. :iconbiggrin:

Anyway, I was still able to follow the Ish main site/blog via the Blogger dashboard so it shows up in my profile and google reader again.

+1 is the equivalent of 'like'. I don't think it is specific to google, as it's been around a while on the comments pages of various media, or is that just thumbs up or down, I don't know, it's all the same thing!