How Rude!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

How Rude!

I handed my notice in on Monday. My Head has not aknowledged it in any way shape or form. No meeting. No email. Nothing. Is it just me or is it dammed rude? :banghead:

Pumpkin&Piglet
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 56 degrees North
longitude: 2 degrees West

Re: How Rude!

Damned*

And you're a teacher!!!

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Very rude - and he/she is in charge of guiding our future generations.

Mind you, I'm not sure which is worse. I once handed my notice in to my boss who burst out crying.
Zoe

yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

Sounds like you are well out of there.

Big Al

clanpowell wrote:I handed my notice in on Monday. My Head has not aknowledged it in any way shape or form. No meeting. No email. Nothing. Is it just me or is it dammed rude? :banghead:
What's to be said? You are quiting your job.

Do you want the head to plead with you to stay? Do you want he / she to wish you well? Assuming you went back to school the same as my wife did this monday then the head might have a lot of things to do, like running the school and advertising for a new employee.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

The Riff-Raff Element

Rude I'd say. It would take a few minutes to at least acknowledge your decision.

boboff

I hated it when people resigned, you just get your team right and someone moves, which changes the dynamic. It is Rude, but then again the head is as Human as you are, and has a right to be upset and or annoyed that you choose to resign now. I assume you did this by letter, and not face to face, which in itself is rude I think, but understandable as you can be a bit scared, which the head could be as well......... If it's the right decision to leave then really this is not an issue, just relax.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Potter's Farm
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

A similar thing happend to a friend recently, all i could say to my friend was why did she find it so upsetting? Was she relying on the employer's reaction to give her some sort of self worth?

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I'm not sure I understand this - who did you give your resignation letter to? I've always handed mine, in person, to my boss. Maybe if you haven't done that they 1) are thinking you're rude for not giving them prior warning or 2) don't know?

Do you want a reference from this person at some point? If so now's the time to start mending fences even if they are rude.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Letter was given to the PA as he was in a meeting. I'm not looking for any kind of begging or self gratification. Simply some kind of recognition of reciept. When you've worked somewhere for 10 years you'd think your boss would say something.

Helsbells

I think it's rude, even an email saying sorry to hear you were leaving would have been better than nothing. What a shame, just adds to my view (as a teacher myself) that we aren't valued and are seen as easily replaceable.

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

that is dammed rude
Darn that Wabbit

Big Al

:pirate:
Helsbells wrote:I think it's rude, even an email saying sorry to hear you were leaving would have been better than nothing. What a shame, just adds to my view (as a teacher myself) that we aren't valued and are seen as easily replaceable.
I wouldn't dream of including you in this post HB because i don't know you but as a govenor of a secondary school, a parent helper and "friend of" the school [pta etc] I've learnt to my cost how manipulitive, anarchic and antagonistic teachers are when it comes to changes in THEIR domain.
I've alaways said it is better for a school to pay good experienced teachers more to keep them rather than always recruit NQT's but it does serve as a good lesson if you get rid of some of the old guard [ we never did it like this in the 70's] and get those with the freshest ideas and vitallity to keep up with some of the monsters that are sent into schools these days.

It really annoys me when teachers think they are a special case. They have employment rights the same as other workers [ and they know them] they get paid to do a job as do other people and they work 195 days a year with 27.5 hours contact time each week. So not only do they work 39 weeks a year they only work 2/3rds of the week doing what they purport to be doing I.E. teach. The rest of the time is "prep work". I've been in many staff rooms and private offices witnessing Prep work to speak from experience.

If teachers don't like their pay and conditions then they can get out of the industry and get a real job.... And yes my wife is a stressed out school librarian, whinge listner [ie whinges from teachers] and babysitter.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Big Al wrote::pirate:
Helsbells wrote:I think it's rude, even an email saying sorry to hear you were leaving would have been better than nothing. What a shame, just adds to my view (as a teacher myself) that we aren't valued and are seen as easily replaceable.
I wouldn't dream of including you in this post HB because i don't know you but as a govenor of a secondary school, a parent helper and "friend of" the school [pta etc] I've learnt to my cost how manipulitive, anarchic and antagonistic teachers are when it comes to changes in THEIR domain.
I've alaways said it is better for a school to pay good experienced teachers more to keep them rather than always recruit NQT's but it does serve as a good lesson if you get rid of some of the old guard [ we never did it like this in the 70's] and get those with the freshest ideas and vitallity to keep up with some of the monsters that are sent into schools these days.

It really annoys me when teachers think they are a special case. They have employment rights the same as other workers [ and they know them] they get paid to do a job as do other people and they work 195 days a year with 27.5 hours contact time each week. So not only do they work 39 weeks a year they only work 2/3rds of the week doing what they purport to be doing I.E. teach. The rest of the time is "prep work". I've been in many staff rooms and private offices witnessing Prep work to speak from experience.

If teachers don't like their pay and conditions then they can get out of the industry and get a real job.... And yes my wife is a stressed out school librarian, whinge listner [ie whinges from teachers] and babysitter.
What pormpted that rant! It's got nothing to do with being a teacher, It's to do with common courtesy. :dontknow:

Anyway, general consensous of opinion seems to be that my head is a prat and I'm not the first member of staff to be treated like this. As I am leaving anyway I'm going to request a response and go to the goveners if this doesn't get a response.

Graye

Perhaps the PA didn't hand it in? Worth asking I would think. Then he/she might nudge the headmaster into responding.
Growing old is much better then the alternative!