Horse riding

Not the 1970s UK TV programme, but a free place for people to swap, give away or sell anything from seeds to tractors. Anything illegal or immoral will be deleted.
Pumpkin&Piglet
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 56 degrees North
longitude: 2 degrees West

Horse riding

I am looking for somewhere where I can ride horses in exchange for something other than money (but that is still moral!)

I am a maths tutor and in the past it has been this that I have traded for riding lessons.

I paint porcelain and glass - candle votives, mugs, bowls etc

I can crochet, mainly simple pieces like hats and scarves etc

I also make jams and chutneys and bake breads and cakes

I'm also happy just to help with the maintenance of the horse, poo-picking, general stable chores etc

I live near Stroud in gloucestershire and am looking for somewhere local. I just can't afford Gloucestershire riding school prices.

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Horse riding

I think I may have what you are looking for. I have one reasonable sharp 15HH and one doughnut ( I hope the owner is not reading this) 13.2hh as a general field companion. there is a wonderfully spirited ( read vile) 11hh who is absolutely not to be ridden or sat on. (insurance disclosure). My husband is an avid Glaws rugby fan and he wants us to go to Florence for a few days before the Glaws v ? Italy game. I also have a GSD and two cats I will be looking for a house sitter (don't worry I can get my sister to do it) At this point i would need to talk to you more before we go this "short Holiday " route. I also get involved in alternative /natural ( not monty/parelli ) horsey stuff and we can talk around meeting some like minded people.
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Re: Horse riding

i miss having horses but now iv got kids instead. maybe one day when they're older ill get back into riding again.............
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'