Bloody teenagers! :angryfire:

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Lilyfae
Tom Good
Tom Good

Bloody teenagers! :angryfire:

:angryfire:
Next door is the 'family that lets down the street' with partying, drug taking and fighting at stupid o clock, and that's just the mother, both girls used to go to the school I teach at and had a massive party last night

We went to bed about midnight after hubby's shift and I was woken with a start at 1am, banging on our downstairs windows, hubby didn't hear it and thought I'd dreamt it but I went to the window sans glasses and saw loads of people on our drive and lots of giggling, told hubby who thought I was exaggerating and it turns out an ambulance crew were outside!

When we opened the door it conspired that an emergency call had been placed calling a crew immediately to our address for someone seriously injured (no mistake in address) and they had been on the point of calling a police team to come and bash the door down as they couldn't rouse us!!! :shock: cue much giggling from next door. :angryfire:

They've had to (and we did too) report a prank call and try to ping the number but nothing is likely to happen as it's not a priority- What is the world coming to? I just hope no one had to wait too long for an ambulance just so a bunch of stoned teenagers could see their old teacher woken up :banghead:

spider8
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Bloody teenagers! :angryfire:

I really feel for you guys as we had neighbours like that once. The parents were always drunk and their two daughters had boys round at all hours, music at top whack, shreiking and shouting, being sick out of their upstairs bedroom window etc., etc. This was in a small village in Cheshire, we were next door to them in a semi-detached and we lasted 12 months before we moved out......12 months too long. It was a terrible time and one we're not going to repeat - hopefully. Don't know how you can best deal with these morons but I wish you some kind of outcome to your advantage :hugish: .
Life's a bitch and then you diet.

Rosendula

:hugish: I'm sorry you're going through a hard time with your neighbours. I remind myself frequently of how lucky I am to have wonderful neighbours, appreciated more so because the last place we lived, 10 years ago, was a hell on earth for us. (Strange how it's only a mile up the road from where we are now).

I can't really offer any advice, but if it is of any help to look towards the future remember that teenage girls will soon be girls-left-home. :wink: The sooner the better, eh? :hugish: :hugish:
Rosey xx

Milims

I know that on the odd occasion I've had to make an emergency call the operator had access to the number I was calling from. If this is so can the police not follow it up and at least give a stern talking to the idiot who made the call? I'm pretty sure it's an offence to make such prank calls and quite frankly it sounds like someone could do wih a damn good slap! :whax: :whdat:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Millims is right, the 999 lot take a note of the number, so chase it up. As you say, (your unpleasent night not-withstanding :grouphug: ) some poor soul may have been in real need of that ambulance crew.

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Dr.Syn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

It is an offence to make false alarms to the emergency services BUT you may know the number of the caller but unless they are caught in the act it is very difficult to identify the actual caller. As an ex fire officer you often know which is a "mickie" but you still have to attend (It may be someone in trouble)

Penny Lane

Wow, sorry to hear this. We've had nuisance neighbours in our street before but nothing that bad.
All the trouble makers have/been moved on so here's hoping yours won't be sticking around too long...
"It's breaking the circle.
Going to work, to get money, to translate into things, which you use up, which means you go to work again, etc, etc.
The Norm.
What we should be doing is working at the job of life itself."
- Tom Good, The Good Life.

happyhippy

Really sorry to hear your news.It can be so bloody irritating.Before we moved(and thank god we did)we lived next door to a couple with 2 kids.The first night we spent in our new house,we were laying in bed,and heard a helicopter approaching.To our amazement,it stopped and hovered over our house.I got out of bed to have a nose and there were cops everywhere.Turns out they arrested our next door neighbour! :shock: That was just the start of a 3 year living hell.The womans partner got sent to goal.She then turned into a party queen.We both work full time and she thought nothing of partying all night,yes loud music,people going in and out slamming doors,people shouting,and god knows what else.The next day I would find cig butts thrown into my garden(ok not such a big deal I suppose but given the fact these butts were'nt stubbed out when thrown over and we had alot of wood type things in the garden was abit worrying).We also had to endure her foul mouth shouting her head off at her poor two young sons,whom I used to worry alot about.We work every second weekend and we would make a nice cuppa,head outside,no sooner had we sat down when she would open her back door and on would go the very loud music.It drove us crazy!!!!We ended up moving,and its so quiet here,you can hear a pin drop!

RuthG
Living the good life
Living the good life

It happens here too. We thought we were moving to a quiet neighbourhood, but as soon as we moved in the trouble started. It culminated a year or so ago, with the local riff raff burning down my chicken house (no chickens in it thankfully) and shooting holes in the windows of our house with an air rifle. The boy that was responsible was caught shooting his air rifle in my garden (took the police 28 hours to come to the house for a 999 call for a gun crime!) They tried to get an asbo for him, but they were so slow that they failed, as they cant take into account anything that is older than 6 months. He got 16 hours' community service for discharging a firearm in my garden. It has been 16 years now since we moved in, but we cant afford to move :( Darent have chickens or livestock, even though I have a huge garden; dont have fruit trees as they used to steal the apples off the tree we used to have and throw them at the house and break the windows; sometimes wonder why I bother with veg either as they trample the garden and steal the produce.

boboff

Get Bear Traps.

Its not right.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

Am sorry to hear of your troubles!! I used to live in a place a bit like that and I remember being terribly glad when said teenagers moved away, only to be replaced by a middle aged lady who made my life hell. Snide comments, fencing out my light, blocking my car in...loads of stuff that totally wore me down...am glad to be gone :grouphug:
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.

misty44
Tom Good
Tom Good

Sorry to hear about your troubles and do empathise. We bought a nice house with big garden in a small village in Hertfordshire and managed less than a year as we had neighbours from hell. The teenage son used to bring his friends through our back garden, loud music day and night etc.

Naturally in the process of looking for new jobs we both found jobs in W.Yorks. While work has its ups and downs we were able to buy a detached Edwardian house with bigger garden. Neighbours not too close but lovely even if they were and never hear a peep.

When we were trying to sell the house in Hertfordshire the teenage boy kept putting off perspective buyers by telling them what he had put us through. After a year we had a view from a biker with a bull mastif. He wanted the big garden for his pet and wasn't at all bothered by the teenage boy and I did wonder whether he was actually looking forward to the inevitable confrontation.

What goes around comes around is the expression that springs to mind.

Hope things get better x

happyhippy

Misty 44,thats so funny about the biker dude! :iconbiggrin: I bet the teenager was crapping himself!lol